Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

new car, new to the forums.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Default new car, new to the forums.

im 17 and i sold my geo tracker. i got a 2001 chrysler sebring 4dr sedan 2.7l engine and thought i would join here so i can have people to talk to about it. my girlfriends dad had worked in mechanics for the past 25 years and has work in a chrysler jeep and odge dealership for 20 of those years. i am going to college to be an auto tech and love working on cars. i am in the process of waiting on the mailman to drop off all my engine parts, then i will need tires and my aftermarket stereo put in, and after that i am thinking about maybe putting new headlight bulbs, completely new fog lights, four 6x9 speakers and two 3.5 tweeters, and some other random things. i have previous history of forums so im not a total idiot. i play disc golf, longboard skateboard, and just about anything outdoors. that is that, hello guys
Name:  chrysler4.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  294.9 KB

Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=tylersheehy;59554]chrysler sebring LXi 4dr sedan 2.7l engine, 111XXX miles, 9.9/10 condition for $4600 tax tag and title. since i got it i thought i would join here so i can have people to talk to about it. my girlfriends dad had worked in mechanics for the past 25 years and has work in a chrysler jeep and odge dealership for 20 of those years. i am going to college to be an auto tech and love working on cars. i am in the process of waiting on the mailman to drop off all my engine parts, then i will need tires and my aftermarket stereo put in, and after that i am thinking about maybe putting new headlight bulbs, completely new fog lights, four 6x9 speakers and two 3.5 tweeters, and some other random things. i have previous history of forums so im not a total idiot. i play disc golf, longboard skateboard, and just about anything outdoors. that is that, hello guys
Name:  chrysler4.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  294.9 KB
fixed with more info about the car.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 PM

LXi with leather and all that? Waiting on what engine parts? What school?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
LXi with leather and all that? Waiting on what engine parts? What school?
yes the lxi with leather and everything. i am waiting on the transmission solenoid and i already have new transmission cooler line clamps, coolant housing, valve cover gaskets, and a transmission pan gasket. the car has some leaks but they are all simple fixes. and i plan to go to Sinclair Community College here in ohio, i live in Beavercreek.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by tylersheehy
yes the lxi with leather and everything. i am waiting on the transmission solenoid and i already have new transmission cooler line clamps, coolant housing, valve cover gaskets, and a transmission pan gasket. the car has some leaks but they are all simple fixes. and i plan to go to Sinclair Community College here in ohio, i live in Beavercreek.
Community college is a good choice. The big tech schools are ok, but the cost WAAAY outwieghs the benefits. I went to one of those big ones and I had to relearn almost everything when I hit the door at the dealership. Sure you retain the fundamentals, but much of the rest was fluff. If I had taken out 20K plus in student loans like a lot of guys are doing today for the big auto tech schools, I would be really ticked off when reality sank in. If you do take out any student loans, make them a priority when you get a job and knock them out.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-07-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Welcome to the forum. Browse around for some old threads about replacing the transmission solenoid pack and the pan/gasket. Come back and tell us how it went.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

I went to Gwinnett Tech and they had Gm Toyota and Chrysler there
I went for the tech school that was geared only for Chrysler and u had to have a dealer sponsor you for dealer experience while going through the 2 years there. Got an associates degree. 15 years ago it was 3k total

Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
I went to Gwinnett Tech and they had Gm Toyota and Chrysler there
I went for the tech school that was geared only for Chrysler and u had to have a dealer sponsor you for dealer experience while going through the 2 years there. Got an associates degree. 15 years ago it was 3k total
NADC is around 20K now, maybe more, for a YEAR. That's just crazy to me. But I paid around 10K back in '91. Hindsight could be my retirement fund...lol.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 AM

i know sinclair is cheap and they also offer an auto technician certification along with an associate degree package so that is what i signed up for.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:35 PM

Welcome tylersheehy,,,,,,,
And good luck with school