Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

A newbie to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Default A newbie to the forum

Hey there. My name is Trevor. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Default A quality front complete strut assembly

I think I just found a front pair strut assembly for an '09 Sebring convertible. Since I'm on a budget, I've been shopping around for a good bargain. And it looks like Sensen is offering an affordable pair...with a warranty.

7230-FS - SENSEN Shocks Struts, Front Pair, 2 Pieces, NEW, Lifetime Warranty at APX Auto Parts! Buy auto parts online|Buy Shocks & Struts online.

They're even offering a 20% off coupon code (sebringforum) for the pair.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Smile Budget-friendly strut assemblies

Today was a good day for both my convertible, and my wallet. After purchasing a pair of front struts at a 20% discount...I decided to buy a pair of rear struts too, at a 15% discount !

7230-RS - SENSEN Shocks Struts for Chrysler, Rear Set, NEW, Lifetime Warranty at APX Auto Parts! Buy auto parts online|Buy Shocks & Struts online.

Let me know if anyone else has a similar experience. OK? F.Y.I the coupon code is: sebring15

Old 11-04-2015, 09:16 PM

$55 at Rock Auto.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Default My price was lower than $55

Thanks for the reply dcotter0579. I just checked Rock Auto...Your price of $55 seems about right for a pair of rear struts, and about $65 for front struts...I'm assuming that includes shipping & handling.

But I was able to purchase the rear struts for $51.53 and the front struts for $62.08 (using the coupon codes). Each came with a warranty, and "free" shipping & handling. I don't have any complaints my friend .

Old 11-05-2015, 10:18 AM

Good job. Not sure about your model year but when I did my 2001 and 2002, I needed to replace the spring seats, upper and lower as well.

For the rears, I got quick struts to eliminate the hassle of compressing the spring. Nobody makes quick struts for the fronts. That's because it would have to include the bracket and upper arm. If you can, take some pix and post up the result as a "how-to" in an album here.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Default Really helpful feedback

Thanks for the really helpful feedback dcotter0579. Yeah, I'll definitely keep you posted on how things develop--moving forward.

And to answer your question...my model year is 2009.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:40 PM

I'm on the lookout for a set of struts for my 2008 Sebring. Because it's almost 10 yrs old I don't think I should have to pay a huge amount of money for parts. Just out of curiosity do you know if the above discount is still valid? Did you have any problems with your sensen parts?

Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 AM

I definitely understand where you're coming from bradyroker. My Sebring's an '09, which means one year of less wear and tear, essentially. You're absolutely right though...Parts for marginally older vehicles should be more affordable.

Anyways, I did manage to check the website last night. It's been a while since my last order, but the coupon code sebringforum is still valid! I doubt most people are even aware of this. Here's the url to the website Buy Sensen Front Pair Shocks & Struts for 2011-2014 Chrysler 200, Lifetime Warranty | 4214-1411, 4214-1412,339247, 339248, 72332, 72333.

My experience with the Sensen brand has gone quite well actually. I don't really have any complaints thus far. Thanks for asking. Here's the url to Sensen's website SENSEN Shock Absorbers and Struts |SENSEN North America, if you're interested.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:43 AM

Guys, manufacturers aren't in business to provide you with shock absorbers. They are in business to make money. If they aren't making money, there's no reason for them to be in business. They don't determine the price of their products by how old your car is or how much you would rather be able to spend your money at Starbucks. It's all about supply and demand. As long as there is a reasonable demand out there, they will continue to manufacture their product and will try to sell it for as much as the market will bear. If the guy down the street is selling them for five bucks cheaper, they will either cut the price or wind up eating their own product for dinner. As time goes by, and as more Sebrings/200s come on the market and need shocks, demand will increase, but so will supply from competing manufacturers. Eventually, as the number of this model car on the road decreases, demand will start to slip, component manufacturers will stop making parts. Then there will be fewer and fewer parts on the market and the fewer owners needing them will find that the price will rise. Talk to people who keep their antique cars running about high-priced parts.

This is all basic economics. Econ 101 in a nutshell.

Quick Reply: A newbie to the forum