Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

no interior lights, radio, pwr mirrors; fuse good

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 08:21 AM
Default no interior lights, radio, pwr mirrors; fuse good

Our 2002 Sebring LXI convertible has the interior lights out, radio is out, power mirrors out and door locks and remote out. Fuse #5 on the left side of the dash controls those items (as per the owner's manual). I checked the fuse with a digital ohm meter and it checked good. I put a volt meter on the contacts for the fuse but got no power. Is there a relay or ?? where the power comes from to feed this circuit? Thanks as always for your time and help. George

Old 12-15-2015, 09:33 AM

Fuse #5 is called the IOD fuse. IOD stands for "Ignition Off Draw" and it includes those items like the radio (clock) and remote key receiver that would be drawing a little current even without the key turned on. You'll notice the fuse is installed in a little carrier with "ears" on it to make it easier to pop out. That's because a dealership will pop it loose while the car is sitting on the lot so as to not drain the battery of a car waiting to be sold.

Before you do anything drastic (expensive), replace that fuse with a brand new one. (I know you tested it but a new fuse is cheap.) and make sure it's properly seated and fully pushed in.

If it's not the fuse then it might be a problem with the junction box (that's the formal name of that fuse panel) which is a complicated and expensive repair.

Good luck and come back and tell us how it goes.