Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Persistent Dashboard Gauge Failure in High-Mileage 2010 Chrysler Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 11:24 PM
Default Persistent Dashboard Gauge Failure in High-Mileage 2010 Chrysler Sebring

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community in search of guidance and expertise regarding a persistent issue with my 2010 Chrysler Sebring. Since February 12, 2024, all the dashboard gauges, including the speedometer, tachometer, fuel, and coolant temperature gauges, have ceased functioning. Despite this, the odometer (showing 223,217 miles) still operates, and the dashboard lights up as usual when the headlights are turned on, including the warning lights such as the no seatbelt indicator.

A little background might help: I've owned this car since 2011, purchasing it used with around 30,000 miles on it, making me the second owner. This vehicle has been reliable, with the instrument cluster working flawlessly from fall 2015 until now. The high mileage may or may not play a role in this issue, but I thought it worth mentioning for a complete picture.

To manage without the gauges, I've been using Android Auto and Wyze on my upgraded car stereo system for speed monitoring. Additionally, I've contemplated using my OBD2 reader to display real-time car statistics on my phone during drives.

In January 2024, I replaced the car's battery, but unlike a similar issue in 2015 where a new battery fixed the gauge problem, this time, it hasn't helped. My OBD2 scan showed no fault codes, and the engine light remains off.

Given this context, I'm seeking advice on several fronts:
  1. With my car's high mileage, could this be a contributing factor to the instrument cluster failure? Has anyone with a high-mileage vehicle experienced similar issues?
  2. Are there any specific reset commands or procedures for the 2010 Sebring's instrument cluster that could resolve this problem?
  3. I'm considering disconnecting the battery to reset the car's electrical system. Is this advisable, or could it cause further complications?
  4. What fuses or relays should I inspect or test within the car's electrical system that might be linked to the instrument cluster's functionality?
  5. Given my current use of Android Auto for speed readings and considering using the OBD2 reader for additional diagnostics while driving, are there more integrated or comprehensive troubleshooting or diagnostic approaches I should consider?
I'm eager for any troubleshooting, diagnostics, and electrical testing recommendations you might have. Any guidance on how to proceed to effectively solve this issue would be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Your expertise and insights could be crucial in helping me navigate and hopefully resolve this challenging situation with my cherished vehicle.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

P.S., I know its time for a new car, lol!

Attached Files
File Type: avi
Untitled video (2).avi (6.03 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by Daniel McCormick; 02-29-2024 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Video Didnt Upload Previously