Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

po1294 + 25 96 Sebring

Old 05-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Default po1294 + 25 96 Sebring

I did alot of reading and asking about these codes. Every check list and chart left me at the big dark hole ... a vacuum leak which from my experience is most often the root of the evil check engine.

So off to the driveway I went with a vaccum diagram I got off of eautorepair.net and with Chrysler techs flow chart. I found the hard plasitic vacuum line from the EGR transducer to the back of the throttle body burnt through. A 6 inch section was just gone. Pretty easy fix. I then found that, where the metal tube from the throttle body to the EGR valve meet, there is a 1/4 inch gap. Still gotta fix that .. but Im hoping that will end my CEL issues ... then on to udder stuff ..will keep you informed of what I find.

Thanks for all the help Chry. Tech.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Default RE: po1294 + 25 96 Sebring

To close this up ... there were two more vaccum leaks due to old/faulty vaccuum hose. The tube coming off of the throttle body and the one that runs across the exhaust manifold to the passenger side of the car were toast. I tried to order these two molded plastic hoses from Chrysler but the local dealer said they were discontinued. So I just used rubber vacuum hose.

No more check engine, she is idling @ ~ 700 rpm and is running quite smooth.
The wife and little girls love the rag top.

Search this Thread