Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Power mirror

Old 06-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Default Power mirror

As you will see I am a do it yourself kind of guy, when it comes to my 1996 Sebring Convertible. Trying to replace a passenger side mirror that I purchased used on e-bay, the mirror does not seem to be heated. There are 4 wires in a 6 wire plug, 2 are empty. My old mirror had 6 wires in the plug, and was working fine until someone walked into it at a parking lot. This is what happens, I installed the mirror , connected the plug. But when I press the adjustment switch on the drivers side door to move the mirror, the 10 amp fuse on #5 blows. I loose interior door lights and radio, along with the mirrors. Is it possible to rewire the connection, bypass the heater wires in the plug. Any suggestions.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Default RE: Power mirror

your heated mirror wire is in cavity one of the connector and is light blue with a yellow tracer. you can try pulling the lock and removing the pin from the connector. the fact that you only have four wires makes me think you got the wrong mirror shipped or the seller gave the wrong model year. That mirror should have the six circuits. pin one is the defrost pin 2 (black) is ground. pin 3 (wt/yl) is horIZONTAL LEFT. PIN 4 IS horizontal right (wt/bk) pin 5 (lg/bk) is vertical down and #6 (yl) is the vertical up.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the responce, so the new mirror does not have a wire in slot 1 or 2 . There are four wires left , 3,4,5, and 6 they all match my old mirror. But whats odd is as I peeled back the black wire cover wire 4 and 5 splice together half way down, not rigged by the seller , but done in the manufacturing of the mirror. I assume they share power or are reverse polarity. And think thats what is causing the short. I would think chrysler would not have changed internal wire for heated and non heated mirrors, one would think you could just plug in a non heated mirror and it would function just fine with the wire 1 and 2 just ending in the plug and not connected to anything. I might just be better off selling this mirror and getting one that has a heater.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:17 PM

don’t expect chrysler to do anything right or smart. thats rule one. I think you just got the wrong mirror. It’s always the best to replace parts with the same part especially with newer vehicles and exspecially with the communications that they use.