Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Question for Owners of 07 and up Sebrings

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Default Question for Owners of 07 and up Sebrings

I am looking at buying a 2007 or 2008 Sebring. Specifically, a 4 door with the 2.4. I test drove one the other day and didn't expect to like it that much but it really felt roomy and I thought it drove fine enough. So tell me what you have and do you like it? Have you had any problems? You getting good gas mileage? What ever else you might want to share.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 AM

Hi Leftoverture -

I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring with the 2.4, and I like it very much. I drive a Mercedes E320 4MATIC during the winter, and the Sebring is my primary vehicle for spring, summer and fall.

I'm 6'4", and I fit very well in the vehicle. I take passengers around fairly often, and they're quite comfortable in the back seat. I like the back seats because the back of the car is a little straighter at the top, and it doesn't slope down as much as comparable vehicles do. That spells more head room for back seat passengers.

The gas mileage is quite good. On a recent trip to Florida, I averaged about 33MPG.

I've had no major problems to report as of yet (I'm knocking on my fake wood desk right now!), and everything seems to be working well.

The only thing I don't like is that the transmission has to work much harder with the 2.4 because it's constantly upshifting to compensate for the extra power needed to ascend hills. If you go downhill with the cruise on, the cruise control will also upshift to try and keep the car's speed in check. I wasn't used to that, and usually just turn it off when I'm going down hills. If you drive on roads that are fairly straight and not too hilly, it shouldn't upshift as much. Being that it's only a 2.4l, gas mileage was more important to me than a speed demon, so I'm totally fine with that.

It's been a great vehicle, and I enjoy driving it. If you have any specific questions or something else I can help with, feel free to post back. Good luck with your purchase!

Michael/ChryslerWisc