Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Radio remains on once driver door is OPENED

Old 10-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Default Radio remains on once driver door is OPENED

The problem is that the drivers door ajar sensor is malfunctioning. The car does not know that the door has opened. I verified this by watching the behavior of other lights and the door ajar display on the dash.

I just had a shop replace the window regulator on that same door today so clearly they knocked something loose, not connected or broke. I'd just soon do it myself once mistakes are made. We will see.

Where is the door ajar sensor on this door? Built into the latch? I feel pretty confident I have diagnosed it, just don't know what the heck I am looking for. I don't see a bumper switch on the door frame unless I missed it. If you know what you are talking about I'd love some knowledge. Lay it on me.

Thanks.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:17 PM

Year and model?

Yes, the door ajar sensor in in the latch. Everything is controlled through the body computer but it depends on that switch in the latch.

I'd take it back and have them fix it.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:31 PM

2008 Sebring Sedan Limited. So is the solution a latch replacement or does anyone know how to repair this fault? New latches at nearly $100. I might be able to get the shop to pull the glass for me while I replace the latch but I expect they will deny their removal of the window assembly caused the attached latch to fail. Any tricks to replacement?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 AM

It might just be a broken or disconnected wire. Seems unlikely that they could have damaged the latch itself. Best thing to do is take the trim panel off and look in there to see what's going on. Go from there.