Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Sebring hesitates, kills itself, and shakes badly

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Exclamation Sebring hesitates, kills itself, and shakes badly

i have a 99 Chrysler sebring convertible 2.5l v6. it takes a bit to start up and when it does the idle is terrible, it shakes and sounds bad. you get in too go and give it gas, and it will just die and restart itself, if i feather the petal a little and mess with it i can get it to go and go highway speeds but occasionally i feel erratic jerking and if i put it to the floor to test it, it just sputters and back fires and so on. i have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs and wires, i put champion plugs back in it, because i wanna stay factory, i also changed the IAC ( idle air control) sensor and the tps( throttle position sensor) on it, i have emptied the fuel tank and put all new fuel and some seafoam in it to clean it, too no avail it still cuts out with gas,has no power and doesnt go with gas unless i mess with the petal to get it to go then it still jerks while driving and its really hard to get it to go at a stop light and all..all the plugs have spark and when i pulled the new ones out they show as they are burning the fuel so its like the distributor is still good and is firing... please help, im all out of ideas and i have no clue onwhat to do..