Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

strange everytime i plug the plug into the sensor on my coolant water outlet my radiator fan stops..

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Default RE: strange everytime i plug the plug into the sensor on my coolant water outlet my radiator fan sto

thanks for the information, i'll let someone check but like i said before i just changed a new gasket set im talking about full gasket set what cost me over 100 dollars and had it changed along with the crankshaft then after havin it changed i then let another machine went back in my engine and check everything and make sure i got everything done and he stated i needed a tensioner and a water outlet housing, so i got those 2 changed. maybe there is another reason? my cousin told me his car was running hot a buick tho , a machanic told him he needed a water pump so he got that after he got it and went to a better machanic he stated the water pump didnt go bad. He then asked what was costing it the machanic stated the tension belt wasnt good and his fan now came on, on time before it wasnt and its not running hot. my car run hot when my sensor is pluged it because my fan isnt coming on right. I am going to drain the radiator and put only 50/50 coolant and antifreeze now i have in my car 10% antifreeze 50%coolant and 40%water. Maybe that might explain more. my car dont run hot when the sensor is unplugged because the fan then stay on but what is happening is it run hot when i have the sensor plugged in, I guess the fan isnt comin on as it suppose to. P.s Im sure when i get my situation sorted out I will be an expert to help in all areas dealing with the 2.7 engine of status and sebring . good day.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: strange everytime i plug the plug into the sensor on my coolant water outlet my radiator fan sto

Musicfreak, are you sure that you can drive for say 50 miles non-stop with the sensor unplugged and not overheat? If so, my previous diagnosis may be flawed.

Try this, just so I have the information.

One evening before you go to bed, make sure that the radiator in your car is completely full. The next morning, when the engine is cold, (first start of the day) take off the radiator cap and start the motor. If you get continuous air bubbles at the cap, you are pushing air into your water through a crack in the gasket/head/block. If you do not get continuous air bubbles then you can start looking in some of the other areas you have maybe already been, to double check.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM

sorry about the late reply was pretty sick. ok let me tell u what i did because i was in the hosptial i didnt get to bother with anything so i took it to a machanic he then put it on the computer stated a bad circuit and had to flush out the hose what hose i dont know . and had to change my crankshaft sensor because it was bad. he the stated that the reason my car was running hot was because of the clogged hose water wasnt gettin runned right so he then charged me almost 400 dollars but he now telling me i cant plus in my sensor because my sensor on my water outlet isnt any good, but i just bought both together but he might know more than me. took it for a spin temperture moved like the first mark . cut it off went in a shop for about 2-3 mins came back out and start up the mark then went back down to completely cold.but water is still boiling i just send for coolant and antifreeze what else u think can be the reason for the boiling>? thanks alot for al the help

Old 02-11-2009, 02:54 PM

If you paid $400 to fix the car, and he flushed out the cooling system to fix the overheating, then you have not gotten your money's worth. Take it back and tell him you want the car fixed right or you want your money back.
The sensor has nothing to do with the car boiling over. Good or bad it won't make the car boil over. It may be your thermostat, which on that car is somewhat difficult to replace. We went over the possible causes several pages back. The plan needs to be to fix the cheap things first. If fixing the cheap things doesn't cure the problem then you have to think about spending more money and go after the more expensive ones. At some point you might want to just give up on this car and trade it in for a newer one.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:35 PM

he said he fixed a circuit and replaced the crankshaft sensor after the computer stated faulty circuit and a bad crankshaft sensor ( also forget to mention my car stop starting like two weeks back , so i think crank sensor needed to be change for that purpose ) and no he stated i needed a new temperture sensor because the sensor is bad and thats y the fan isnt coming on to cool the car when it starts to run hot on time because the sensor is faulty so thats y the plug is loosed out of the temperture sensor.U know more than me. I am a bit frustrated because the boiling is gettin on my nerve and the fan always on also. Other than that my car is running smooth and good. I had water in my car just took it out well my dad said he took all out but he didnt drain the radiator from underneth is that possible to actually drain it completely without goin under the car if not can u tell me how to drain it completely. that would help so much. later

Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 PM

There's a draincock located at the right bottom corner of the radiator. To open it, turn it counterclockwise as far as it will go.
You will need to remove the radiator cap and open the bleed screw on top of the engine to get the coolant to drain out.
To get the coolant out of the heater core, you will need to disconnect the heater hose at the heater supply tube located at the right front inner frame rail. That needs to be done from underneath the car.
Needless to say, don't do this with a hot engine.