Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Turbo (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/turbo-392/)

JXI101 06-21-2005 11:15 PM

Turbo

Okay, so I race my sebring,... not a race car by any stretch of the truth and I'm kind of not wanting to do it so much anymore... but my question is... I got a small turbo for it and I want to know what anyone thinks the best way to put that on would be... I'm not even sure what size it is or anything, but it's a good size. I'll send you guys some pics of it when I get the suspension dropped a little... Just let me know what you guys think...

BadStratRT 06-23-2005 02:54 PM

RE: Turbo

what model sebring do you have? what else do you have for this plan other than the actual turbo?

JXI101 06-23-2005 09:31 PM

uuummmmm,.... I dunno what else... I got new rims in the mail, and I'm about to order a new transmission and some eibach springs to lower it about 2 inches... Then a new cannon for the back... as far as the turbo goes... well.... I have the turbo and the bov with a few hoses and wires hanging around. I'm going to buy a turbo timer and boost controller for it once it's in and ready to go. My intake manifold should be able to hold, but I'm going to get new gaskets anyway. I drive a 1998 Sebring JXI

BadStratRT 06-24-2005 02:25 PM

did you buy a turbo exhaust manifold? how many miles are on the car? youre not going to be able to run very much boost on your stock engine.

viciouslows 06-24-2005 02:35 PM

there is a lot of stuff that goes along with a turbo...

BadStratRT 06-25-2005 02:45 PM

indeed there is...just buying a turbo and having it bolted up will work, but not for very long, and you wont gain much before it blows the engine.

JXI101 06-27-2005 12:32 AM

I've been taught that a good rule of thumb is to never go over 12 psi with stock internals. My shadetree mechanic assures me the internals can handle up to 14, but I only plan to run about 8... I have vacuum, oil, and coolant lines and we're actually going to mount it at the back. Just before the muffler. It's supposed to be the latest craze down here, and I want people to know that mother is turbo'd... the car has 130,000 miles, but it's been overhauled about 2000 ago...

BadStratRT 06-27-2005 05:39 PM

wow...what engine is in that? a friend of mine is building a turbo 95 LX...with a 2000 LXi body...he knows a ton about it...

JXI101 06-27-2005 11:52 PM

It's just the stock 2.5 liter V6... nothing special.. hasn't even been competely restored yet.. Bob and I are going to bluebrint the block in the next 2 weeks hopefully, and replace all the bearings on the crank... I want to add some high comp pistons to squeeze a few more ponies out.. Koing rims on the way, and headers being built for it as we speak... I am determined to get this bitch turbo charged...

BadStratRT 06-29-2005 04:35 PM

you cannot use high compression pistons with a turbo! you need to find a 4 cylinder to turbocharge...that V6 is going to be a nightmare..