Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Default Turbos

Does anyone know if they make a turbo kit for a 2002 Sebring? If not, will a turbo from any other Chrysler or Dodge 2.4L DOHC engine fit?

Old 06-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Default RE: Turbos

I'm not sure if it will or not, but I am trying the same thing on my 2000 JXi... I got my hands on one of those turbos for $75 and I don't see why it wouldn't fit in the "tunnel" after some exhaust pipe mods and intake plumbing... If I get it done, I will let you know how I did it...

Old 06-15-2007, 10:27 AM

You mean like this?

Nope, there aren't any kits out there... yet. Wait a couple months, I will be selling kits once I have everything fully tested. My car should be up and running in just another week or 2.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 PM

Did anyone fail to notice that YOUR ENGINES ARE THE SAME ENGINES AS THE 2G AND 3G MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE'S??? we do have turbos for our cars, you just have to do some small modifications depending on the year of your car and the trim. For example my 2005 sebring 2.4L 2dr coupe is the same as any 2000 thru 2005 rs/gs eclipse and will be able to put ANY performance part on it from the rs/gs models. If you do the research based on the tipe of engine you have and not on the tipe of car then you will be happy to find what you find... have a great day!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: ajohnson

Did anyone fail to notice that YOUR ENGINES ARE THE SAME ENGINES AS THE 2G AND 3G MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE'S??? we do have turbos for our cars, you just have to do some small modifications depending on the year of your car and the trim. For example my 2005 sebring 2.4L 2dr coupe is the same as any 2000 thru 2005 rs/gs eclipse and will be able to put ANY performance part on it from the rs/gs models. If you do the research based on the tipe of engine you have and not on the tipe of car then you will be happy to find what you find... have a great day!!!!
Partially correct. The 2001-2006 Sebring and Stratus COUPE are re-skinned eclipses and use the same motor. The Sedan and Convertible on the other hand are NOT. The Sedan and Convertible are all Chrysler and share absolutely NOTHING with the Coupes or any Mitsubishi product.

Currently I have the first and only Turbo'd Sebring SEDAN (US spec). In Mexico the Stratus and Cirrus (they label the Sebring the Cirrus down there) were available with a turbo from the factory.

Based on my 1/4 mile ofof 13.999 @101.326mph at a track with 4500' elevation on a day where the DA was over 6300', I am currently putting down somewhere between 280 and 320 HP to the wheels (I'm not sure exactly how much the car weighs, couldn't find an open scale). I'll be going out to a dyno soon.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:18 AM

Is that the SRT-4 engine? I looked into dropping that in my car but desided that for the price of dropping that engine and trans it would be TO much money for me... Your engine looks AWESOME!!! lol... I'll be right behind you over the next year.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM

Is that the SRT-4 engine? I looked into dropping that in my car but desided that for the price of dropping that engine and trans it would be TO much money for me... Your engine looks AWESOME!!! lol... I'll be right behind you over the next year.
No, it's my stock 2.4L rebuilt with SRT-4 internals, and I put the SRT-4 valve cover on it.

Since you said you have a coupe, you are correct, the price of dropping that engine and trans in would be way too much money. You have a re-skinned Eclipse. You have the Mitsubishi. Even though it is the same size (2.4L) it has aboslutely nothing in common with this engine, or the SRT-4 engine. They CHRYSLER engine in the 2.4L Sedans shares a lot with the 2.4L Turbo in the SRT-4 and PT Cruiser. The main difference is the NA block doesn't have a spot for the oil return from the turbo, where the turbo block does.

For the Coupe, like you said, check out a turbo kit for the same year Eclipse, that wouldn't be too difficult to make work with your car. Or check out Ripp Mods, they make a bolt on supercharger kit for the Stratus/Sebring Coupes.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: SebringLX

No, it's my stock 2.4L rebuilt with SRT-4 internals, and I put the SRT-4 valve cover on it.

Since you said you have a coupe, you are correct, the price of dropping that engine and trans in would be way too much money. You have a re-skinned Eclipse. You have the Mitsubishi. Even though it is the same size (2.4L) it has aboslutely nothing in common with this engine, or the SRT-4 engine. They CHRYSLER engine in the 2.4L Sedans shares a lot with the 2.4L Turbo in the SRT-4 and PT Cruiser. The main difference is the NA block doesn't have a spot for the oil return from the turbo, where the turbo block does.

For the Coupe, like you said, check out a turbo kit for the same year Eclipse, that wouldn't be too difficult to make work with your car. Or check out Ripp Mods, they make a bolt on supercharger kit for the Stratus/Sebring Coupes.
This is what I've come up with so far for mycar (sleeper) should put me around 265 to 300 unless I want to do some better tuning. I acctually got the idea from a friend on another forum and its been tested already.

TURBO, MANIFOLD AND IC:

* EVO 8 Turbo -

* Forge Adjustable Actuator -
* Megan Racing EVO 8 manifold -
* Angled Flange/Spacer -
* Ebay FMIC: 28x7x2.5 – 2.5†–
* Custom IC piping from Universal Kit 2.5†–
* Top Fuel BOV, flange and piping -
* DEI Heat Wrap -
* Autometer Ultra Lite Digital EGT gauge (52mm) -
* AEM/Autometer Digital Boost gauge (52mm) -

EXHAUST:

* EVO Downpipe 2.5 (Exhast flex pipe + custom dp) -
* GReddy EVO 2 CB 2.5"–
* Catco HFC –
* Weld on Wideband Bung –
OIL/COOLING:

* Oil feeding and drain lines –
* New Oil pan, gasket and sealant -
* Oil Sandwich from filter -
* Fitting for Oil line on pan -

FUEL/IGNITION/ELECTRONICS

* NGK Spark plugs (2 range colder) –
* Magnecore Spark plugs wires –
* WRX 440cc injectors –
* Aeromotive A1000 FPR–
* Walbro 255 FP –
* AEM UEGO WB –
* Emanage Blue–
* Emanage Support tool -
* Tactrix Cable -

* EVOScan –
* ECUFlash –
* GM MAF -
* EVO MAF Translator -

MISCELLANEOUS:

* New gaskets, bolts, nuts (copper) -
* The Bible: "Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing and Installing Turbocharger Systems" –
* Red vacuum lines –
* Vacuum manifold -
* 3 gauge pillar (52mm) -