Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

water dripping from underneath pass floor board

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Default water dripping from underneath pass floor board

99 Sebring convertible and there is a slow drip from underneath pass side floorboard, almost directly underneath dashboard.
It's like AC condensation drip but AC not running. Problem is water must be travelling over rusted metal because it stains
the driveway badly. Is water collecting somewhere and emptying out here?

Old 06-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Administrator
Default RE: water dripping from underneath pass floor board

i would think that it is probably getting caught up in the undercarriage somewhere, then dripping out. perhaps try finding out where the water is actually leaving the Ac system, and route it elsewhere?

Old 06-23-2005, 09:54 PM

Mine does that, but it doesn't stain the driveway at all... sometimes when it's dark outside, I think I'm leaking oil or coolant, but it's just water. Sebring A/C's are always running. and the freon is always cold... even if I have mine off, it leaks that water on the driveway. I think it's just like condensation from the engine being so hot... I don't know... clean the area really good and just deal with it I guess... don't know what to tell you...

Old 03-25-2006, 01:28 PM

Don't know about the Chrysler but I had the same problem on a different car and it was coming from a hose connecting to a heater (made no sense to me but that was the mechanics explanation). Water was actually dripping on the passenger carpet but I don't remember if it dripped outside.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:17 AM

Water dripping inside the vehicle is most likely the condensation from the A/C evaporator. There is a drain tube that you have to access from under the vehicle. They get plugged with dirt and debris falling into the air inlet for the A/C. If you use something like a coat hanger wire, be gentle and push it up the rubber drain tube. That should clear it up.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-24-2007, 09:26 PM

With my 2004 Sebring Convertible passenger side floor leak it was related to the air conditioning condensate drain. Water can cling to the underside of the discharge tube concealed by the rubber boot/drain tube. The water accumulates inside the boot and flows back into the car through the firewall. Apparently whatever gasket is at the firewall fails over time. I solved it by removing the boot and attaching a 5/8" i.d. hose to the discharge pipe and ran it below the frame.

Just Don