Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

300 v6 stalling issues

  #1  
Old 07-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Default 300 v6 stalling issues

Hey guys and gals. I have a 2005 300 v6 and it runs good in park/neutral and reverse but as soon as I put it in any drive hear it stalls imediatly ... I even tried giving it some throttle in neutral and dropping it into gear to see if it would go but just stalls .. There is no sputter or anything it's like the key is turned off .. Any help?
 
  #2  
Old 07-14-2016, 09:36 PM
CHRYSLER TECH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Norcross GA
Posts: 8,114
Default

check engine light codes?
 
  #3  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:00 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH View Post
check engine light codes?
No codes that go with trans or engine . Just a heater control code I had for ahwile
 
  #4  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:04 AM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 58
Default

Tuxedo300. happens once engine warms up also or just when it's cold?

sound very similar to issues you might have if a throttle position sensor fails.
 
  #5  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:11 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ View Post
Tuxedo300. happens once engine warms up also or just when it's cold?

sound very similar to issues you might have if a throttle position sensor fails.
Happens all the time I drove it shut it off at a store and had to get it towed home.
 
  #6  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 58
Default

Originally Posted by Tuxedo300 View Post
Happens all the time I drove it shut it off at a store and had to get it towed home.
if the TPS works the same on these Chrysler models as they do on a harley they basically work like this.

5 volts is supplied to the TPS.

in wide open position one side of the TPS will show approx 5v while the other side of the TPS will show approx 0 volts.

in rested position the side above that showed 5v in wide open will now show roughly 0 volts and the other side will show roughly 5v.

So as the TPS moves in position, the voltages vary but they should always equal right at 5v on both sides when combined.
 
  #7  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ View Post
if the TPS works the same on these Chrysler models as they do on a harley they basically work like this.

5 volts is supplied to the TPS.

in wide open position one side of the TPS will show approx 5v while the other side of the TPS will show approx 0 volts.

in rested position the side above that showed 5v in wide open will now show roughly 0 volts and the other side will show roughly 5v.

So as the TPS moves in position, the voltages vary but they should always equal right at 5v on both sides when combined.
But car will run and drive in reverse fine. Only when it's put in a forward gear does it stall.
 
  #8  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:45 AM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 58
Default

Originally Posted by Tuxedo300 View Post
But car will run and drive in reverse fine. Only when it's put in a forward gear does it stall.
i still think it could be a TPS issue. here's a couple of things to try

get to your throttle body and clean it out good using carb cleaner or similar

also check for vacuum leaks.

I would think either one of these would show up as codes though. Are you using a decent scan tool? I remember buying some cheap scan tool at autozone a few years back for my duramax and it never reported a code that was set and I kept having issues. So i finally grabbed a good scan tool which was capable of reading all the different modules in the car, not just the ECM and I found my issue.
 
  #9  
Old 07-15-2016, 11:22 AM
CHRYSLER TECH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Norcross GA
Posts: 8,114
Default

then its probably a transmission making you stall
 
  #10  
Old 07-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH View Post
then its probably a transmission making you stall
Are you thinking it needs a new transmission or maybe a shift selenoid ?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 300 v6 stalling issues


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.