Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

300C Hemi Question (Doing Engine Build)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Default 300C Hemi Question (Doing Engine Build)

Hey guys Im new to this forum. Just picked up a 300c Hemi (2005) with a rod knock. Im going to be changing the engine more than likely as the parts + machine work will be almost as much if I were to rebuild. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the differences between the 300c/charger hemi's as opposed to the other hemi's used in the trucks and SUV's. I know there's a power difference so the engine's can't be identical. Im wondering the the differences are internal or external? I was hoping to be able to pick up a RAM or Cherokee reman engine with a warranty and just swap the other stuff needed off the one currently in the car. But Im having a hard time finding the exact differences between the different Hemi's. The price difference between the two is almost double. But Im hoping it's stuff that can be transferred from the old one (though obviously nothing internal; rods, pistons, cam...ect). I am a mechanic and work for a shop so I do have all of the necessary tools, and equipment to get the job done. But yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics of the swap and try to do a good write up on how to do one if there isn't one posted here already.