Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Brake Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Default Brake Help

Someone Please HELP!!! have problems with my 2006 300 awd limited warping the rotors . Does anyone know what rotor/ pad combination that works? Stock set warped, tried aftermarket set by Powerstop with holes and slots they only lasted a week .

Old 12-30-2013, 06:37 PM

if you are warping the drilled and slotted ones you may have an issue with the rear brakes not working, or you may have a caliper hanging up. I use one of those infra red thermometers to measure the temp of my rotors to see whats happening. If a caliper is hanging up and causing drag it will over heat a rotor and that rotor will be hotter than the other. if the rear brakes are not working properly the fronts will be doing all the stopping and also cause over heating. My car warps stock rotors within 3 months. But the crossed drilled/slotted ones go about a year.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Ahhhh i will haft to disagree with that Brake rotor warp is correct and can be measured by a disk brake caliper i needed. They warp like any other metal when u heat it up and cool it off rapidly. Simply clean off brake pads mmm no. I take u u have never cut a set of rotors in your life have you? Visit a place like O Reilly auto parts where they cut rotors for customers. There u can witness first hand when a set of rotors are warped or Out of round is the technical name of it. U will see the up to 10thousands of an inch on each side a rotor will need to be cut to make it flat again. SO build up on pads mmm possible myth of rotors not warping IM gonna call BS on that one. Or better yet let Myth busters have a crack at it see what they say.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Humm ok what ever u say buddy. As i said visit any ship that does brake work see if they will let an ignorant person like yourself to see the "unicorn" warped rotors when on a $6000.00 machine used to cut rotors true then come back on here and apologize to any one u may have steered in the wrong direction and name calling. MY knowledge seams poor based off the 18 years I have been doing this? I do assume I have vast amount more then yourself in brakes then yourself because you are basing your knowledge off of a web site and not actual hands on experence ??? Yeah I will take your website with more credit then any of the 250000 mechanics out there I would guess.

Last edited by CHRYSLER TECH; 01-02-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Back to the basics that appear to be overlooked.
TORQUE THE LUG NUTS WITH A TORQUE WRENCH
Air guns/just tighten them up real good is the Single Most Common Cause of Warped Rotors
Let's help Grego 1969 out here folks....

Old 01-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Chrysler Tech is correct all you need is a Dial indicator to see rotors are warped. I guess I failed to mention that I am ASE certified is suspension/steering and brakes and have been since 1982. Not only will Machined rotors stop smoother, they will stop you in a shorter distance also, as the pad is staying in full contact with the rotor!

Old 01-08-2014, 06:46 AM

Chrysler Tech...you obviously have little confidence in yourself if you cannot deal with other peoples opinions (facts) and have to resort to removing my posts. Brake Warpage IS a myth...in most cases. Google it.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

U believe everything u read on the internet? IM not the one with the no confidence Iv done my schooling and my back ground speaks for itself. "Brake Warpage IS a myth...in most cases" Now we are getting some where The in most cases is what needs to be underlined here. U yourself this fake issue but I can rest assured with all the 1000s of rotors i have cut over the 18 years working on cars i can with the utmost confidence say they were infact warped. This is what real warped rotors looks like on a brake lath after watching this u tell me they there is not high and low spots on this rotor.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:14 AM

Nice video, however I am still not convinced that 100% of warped rotors are actually really warped. How am I able to burnish my brakes to remove the "warp"?. The only thing I can think of is that you may need to resurface some cheap Chinese disks, but good rotors don't warp. In looking at the video, it is obvious by the rust that they were not good rotors. Mine are painted, rust free, on the none contact surfaces.
Anyway, this is like talking religion or politics, I will never convince you, and you will never convince me. I do ask you one thing...if you are able to post a video supporting your claim, please allow me at least post a couple of links to support my claim. Thank you.
-Warped- Brake Disc and Other Myths
Brake Rotor Myths | eHow
Brake Tech Feature: 8 Myths that Could Be Holding You Back from Performing the Best Brake Job: Brake and Front End

Old 01-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

even seeing with your own eyes U dont see a warped rotor in the video? this is what just about any tech will see when its put on a brake lath and the bits are placed on the rotors.

And no u can pass it off for cheep rotors because I worked at a dealer for 15 years and they are factory parts and even the ones at any brake store are the same.

U pass off rust as being cheap rotors? All rotors will rust up at the bub point even if painted they will. Worse in northern areas with salt and sand and coastal areas with sail water near by. U can post links be u must also be objective post proof of your findings and facts. If u want to prove it to yourself Get a brake mic measure in 3 locations on your rotors see what the difference is in thickness is. Also what are u basing when you think the pads have hot spots? what does the brake pedal and steering wheel do?

Quick Reply: Brake Help