Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Chrysler 300 2012 A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Default Chrysler 300 2012 A/C problem

Hi guys,

I have a 2012 chrysler 300c 3.6 with a huge problem (according to the dealer). Since 2 weeks ago my a/c is not cooling enough and it is hissing (from behind he dash). I took the car to the dealer and they told me the a/c compressor is faulty and it needs change (2000$). I find it hardly to believe because the car is only 18000 miles and when I turn on the a/c I can hear the compressor working. My guess is that the refrigerant is running low or maybe it has a leak, I have never recharged it and I use it heavily during the entire year.
What shall I do? Any opinions are welcomed.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

yes low Freon is the hissing sound its like having air in a water line it makes noise.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:46 AM

it's a 2012 with 18k miles on it and you use it heavily during the year! My 2016 I bought 6 mos ago has almost 18k miles on it already. LOL

but seriously, yes low freon as CT pointed out will cause this. I would bring it to a different dealer and see if the leak can be pinpointed and fixed instead of replacing an A/C compressor that apparently doesn't need replacing.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:07 AM

We live in Qatar and I use the car only in the city. For outside I have a Jeep

Old 07-21-2016, 04:52 PM

My 2006 300C has air conditioning control problem. Left side with temp control on lowest setting gives hot air. Right side operates normally with cold air from right side vents.
What needs to be repaired?

Old 07-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

maybe the motor maybe the control head maybe the wires

Old 07-22-2016, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by old guy
My 2006 300C has air conditioning control problem. Left side with temp control on lowest setting gives hot air. Right side operates normally with cold air from right side vents.
What needs to be repaired?

always nice to hijack someone else's thread especially with your 1st post.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:27 AM

I got the problem fixed. I took the car to a specialized A/C service and they found a leak in the evaporator but it is so small that they don't advise to pull the entire dash out just to fix it. According to them the coolant will leak out in one year.
This morning when I started the car a loud cloking noise suddenly started from behind the instrument cluster and again no A/C for the driver side. The passenger side was working fine. The clicking noise went out after 3-4 minutes and the A/C was back to normal. I suspect it is the blend door stuck or some actuator failure in the A/C system.
Any quick fixes or I have to take it back to the dealer

Old 07-30-2016, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad Vizitiu
I got the problem fixed. I took the car to a specialized A/C service and they found a leak in the evaporator but it is so small that they don't advise to pull the entire dash out just to fix it. According to them the coolant will leak out in one year.
This morning when I started the car a loud cloking noise suddenly started from behind the instrument cluster and again no A/C for the driver side. The passenger side was working fine. The clicking noise went out after 3-4 minutes and the A/C was back to normal. I suspect it is the blend door stuck or some actuator failure in the A/C system.
Any quick fixes or I have to take it back to the dealer
do you have a dual zone A/C - different temp settings for driver side vs passenger side?

Old 07-30-2016, 11:49 AM

Yes I do.

Quick Reply: Chrysler 300 2012 A/C problem