Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Dash Board warping addition

Old 02-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Default Dash Board warping addition

I failed to mention that the problem is actually up at the Defrost vent .The dash has sunk below the defrost duct vent. Quite a site when your friends sit in the drivers seat to check out your car and wham! you see it !

Old 02-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Default RE: Dash Board warping addition

Sounds pretty nasty in terms of appearance and dealer attitude.

I just took delivery on a 300C on Friday. We garage the car, but since we live in Florida, the warping sounds like it could be a potential problem for us down the road.

*Please don't post to competing forums. Thanks

They have a very active forum over there.

Lee

Old 02-27-2006, 08:19 PM

Good luck with your new ride . Keep in mind My car never sat out in the harsh sun .Its always garaged and i use a sun blocker shield . Its a imperfection of some kind and i looked at some newer cars and its not happening . Its seems only the early release models like mine .

Old 02-28-2006, 01:32 PM

*nodding* Yep, I'm dealing with the same problem...frustrating. Not only does it look awful, it sounds even worse! I have all kinds of rattle noises that are being caused by this particular problem. My vehicle is an '05' and it was completely fine the first year, I didn't notice until last summer when the rattle noises brought it to my attention. I always park my vehicle in the garage, btw. When I first reported this problem, I was told by the dealership that Chrysler was already aware of the defect. The dealership has been great and very understanding, but I am becoming fed up with the problem. I have had this issue addressed 3 times in the past 8 months, but I'm afraid it won't ever be right again. I also have a rattle coming from the inside of the passenger door that they can't seem to pinpoint, but I guess that's for a different thread. Sad, one of the nicest yet noisiest vehicles I have ever owned.