Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 08:19 PM
Default Extended Warranty

What would be a good price to pay for an extended warranty on my 2019? Interested in 3 to 5 year extension at about 10,000 miles per year. Are there any dealers offering a good deal?

Old 06-02-2021, 03:00 PM

JMO, but you're probably better off just putting that money aside to use in case you have a problem. I'm in the industry and rarely seen it pay off unless it's "free".

Old 06-02-2021, 05:01 PM

You can call Chrysler direct to get an extended warranty. Do bypass the dealer. My impression is that the Chrysler plan is less weasel worded than the 3rd party plans out there. Sorry, I don't have a phone no. for you. Google it.

Old 02-27-2022, 12:09 PM

I am also looking at extended warranty on my 2019 300C 5.7 Hemi with 13,500 miles on it as of today. Three month left of the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty. My A/C was blowing warm last week (I live in metro Phoenix!) so I took it in. Turns out is was a bad condenser/evaporator (?). At any rate, the entire dash had to come out to replace/repair. They also replaced some fittings, valves, connectors, seals, etc. ALL covered under the current (almost expired) warranty. Asked the service advisor what it would have cost me out of pocket if this had happened 3 months from now: He quoted $2,500 to $3,000. OUCH! I've been researching official MOPAR extended warranties (DO NOT even consider non-factory warranties) and found several entities that sell them at a discounted price. I am looking for 8 year, 75,000 mile coverage (from the in-service date) with a $200 deductible, and found one (Mopar Added Care Plus) that suits my needs for $930. total cost. I'm probably going to do it. The things that worry me once out of warranty are the fully digital dash, the UConnect screen and associated components and, of course, that A/C system should it take a crap again. the website with this price is: chryslerwarrantydirect.com It's also transferable for a $50 fee, should I sell the car in the future.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:44 PM

@PapaRotzi - Good information, thanks for the research and post. Getting an additional 8 years/75,000 miles for under $1000 is very attractive. Beats the bezeezzuses out of the warrenties that charge by the month.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:22 PM
Default Clarification on term

Originally Posted by ggoose
@PapaRotzi - Good information, thanks for the research and post. Getting an additional 8 years/75,000 miles for under $1000 is very attractive. Beats the bezeezzuses out of the warrenties that charge by the month.
To Clarify, it’s not an additional eight years and 75,000 miles. It’s eight years from the date the vehicle was put in service so basically I’m buying an additional five years, and in my case is 61,500 miles because I only have 13,500 on it right now. Mopar also sells a warranty that is one step higher than what I am buying but I don’t think I need it based on what I’ve read that it covers. All of my concerns are covered by the second tier warranty. That website I referenced in my original post does a great job of explaining coverage.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:45 AM

My 2020 has been trouble free and came with a limited lifetime powertrain warranty provided by the dealer. However, I would like to max out the bumper to bumper warranty by extending it with a Mopar Maxcare Plan to a maximum 8 years/48,000 miles - currently averaging about 4,000 miles per year. If something happens to me I want the car to stay in the family, with no excuses about 'cant pay for repairs'. Recently purchased a similar Ford Premium Care contract on my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat for $50 over cost, meaning less than half of full retail price. Not from a local Ford dealer but from a dealer several states away. Will be looking for a similar Mopar MaxCare Contract as I get closer to the end of my 3/36 period.

Old 06-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Default try here ...

Originally Posted by Curious Joe
My 2020 has been trouble free and came with a limited lifetime powertrain warranty provided by the dealer. However, I would like to max out the bumper to bumper warranty by extending it with a Mopar Maxcare Plan to a maximum 8 years/48,000 miles - currently averaging about 4,000 miles per year. If something happens to me I want the car to stay in the family, with no excuses about 'cant pay for repairs'. Recently purchased a similar Ford Premium Care contract on my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat for $50 over cost, meaning less than half of full retail price. Not from a local Ford dealer but from a dealer several states away. Will be looking for a similar Mopar MaxCare Contract as I get closer to the end of my 3/36 period.

I bought one from this dealer in Michigan (I live in Arizona). It's the MOPAR factory extended warranty and they had the best prices a few months ago, when I did my research. the website is: chryslerwarrantydirect.com

Old 06-11-2022, 04:35 PM

The red pearl is gorgeous! Especially with the black wheels - my color choice If I order another 300 before production stops. Back in February, I looked at a 2021 300s Canyon Sunset Metallic that had the grey(white)/black interior - I fell for it but needed a ridiculous amount of cash to keep the payments in the same ballpark. My 2020 is very well equipped but wish it had all of the electronic nannies, rear sunshade, ventilated seats, etc. Very happy with the 2020 otherwise and it's breaking in well.

I went to the link just now and received a quote for $1,805. Received a quote last year from??? for the exact same plan for $2,700????? Just paid $1,270 for a nearly identical Ford PremiumCare Plan on my 2019 Ranger Lariat. The 2021 depicted. It was completely loaded, including the 5.7L.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:24 PM

LOVE that color - I could not find ANY 2021 or 2022's with the 5.7 when I was looking in December of 2021. I ended up buying my 2019 off of Carvana. It was a one-owner (local) and only had 10,950 miles on it. The warranty I bought was for an "Additional 3 years and a total of 60,000 miles" for $885., meaning I would have 3 more years and 48,000 miles of coverage. I've never kept a car longer than 3 years. but who knows? I'm really liking the car so far. See receipt, below. The deductible will make a big difference in price; I am OK with paying $200 out of pocket, should I use the warranty. Good luck finding the best deal. Just make sure it's the official Chrysler MOPAR warranty.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty