Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Help ????????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Default Help ????????????

Hello everybody im new to this forum hope i can get some help. This os the first time i had any problem with my car. I have a 07 300 touring rwd. I recently noticed i had a bad vibration in the sterring wheel when i pushed the brakes. OK i know i little about cars. So i figured i would just put new everything. I put new tires all around, ebc red stuff brakes, upgraded to drilled and slotted rotors, got an alingment after. but the problems is still there ? what else could be going wrong ?

Old 11-11-2010, 10:05 PM

Something is worn in the fron end. Common problem is outer tie rods. Did they see ANYTHING wrong during the alignment? I have also seen a few of the steering universal joints have some slack. It's the last section right before the rack. They have rubberized couplers that wear out. Still there is the chance that thye rear rotors are shot. It's difficult to isolate them. COuld be it's shaking the whole car and you're feeling it through the steering wheel also.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 PM

The guy that did it said he didnt see anything. He is pretty well known for good service. As far as the rear rotors they dont look in that good of shape, but i also didnt think that would cause it. i think ill take it to the dealer and have them check the other parts your mentioned also.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:01 PM

A good repair shop should be able to give you a proper measurement of lateral runout (how straight and true the rotors are) to eliminate the guessing, however the rears are known for causing pulsations and maybe you are feeling a chassis pulse in the steering wheel. Either way tires will never cause a "only when braking" vibration, if this service mechanic recommended them when you had the issue I would be leery of returning to him for work! After eliminating the rears it is still a possibility that the front aftermarket drilled/slotted rotors could be to blame, wouldn't be the first time an item fresh out of box was not true!
Just things to consider