Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Default Help!!

Hello. Im new to the forums and I have a major issue with my 1998 Chrysler 300m. The car hesitates to start most of the time, until I pump the gas. When I am driving, the car will randomly shut itself off, including power steering and brakes.. All of the power features will still work, but the car itself will die. This problem has been happening for over a year now, and nobody has been able to give me a good solution. I just recently got a full tune up, all the belts and throttle body was clean. I believe the O2 sensor has been replaced recently, and so on. I have had many shops look at my car over the past year, as well as some good friends who work with cars, but nobody can figure it out. I have been told it could be the fuel filter, the computer, and so on. If anyone has any advise, similar issues, or solutions, that would be great. The car has become dangerous to drive, and it is my only form of transportation.. Thank you for your time!
James

Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

have a shop hook up a good scanner to it and see what the codes are
FYI a fuel filter will not cause an issue to happen some times and then be ok for awhile.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
have a shop hook up a good scanner to it and see what the codes are
FYI a fuel filter will not cause an issue to happen some times and then be ok for awhile.
Well I have taken it to many shops, and when it does read codes, they are always different. Right now its reading nothing, no check engine light, it should be running fine..