Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

No 300S area??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Default No 300S area??

Well there isnt a listing for 300S so I guess this is the correct spot to hang out in. I just bought a 2012 300S yesterday and am very pleased with everything, it is a very nice car....

Old 01-08-2012, 11:33 PM

Congrats! I am considering purchasing a 2012 300s v6 soon. Do you like the Beats sound system? I had a stereo install tell me they aren't very good.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by SteveG
Congrats! I am considering purchasing a 2012 300s v6 soon. Do you like the Beats sound system? I had a stereo install tell me they aren't very good.
I was surprised that the "Beats" system doesn't seem to have very much Bass or low end. It has a subwolfer in the trunk. It sounds good when you have it up loud, not too impressive at lower volume levels. Other than that the car is awesome. I drove a V6 with the new 8 speed transmission, it is pretty quick but I opted for the V8 Hemi.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:12 PM

I love 300 series and plan to get the S with a V6. Did you drive the V6 also.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM

I drove the 6 cylinder with the 8 speed transmission. The dealer accidently put me in it instead of the 8 cylinder hemi. It was pretty quick, I'de say as quick as my 6 cylinder monte carlo with a super charger. The new transmission makes a big difference. But the Hemi is alot more powerful. I really like my 300S, I like the interior design, all the features, but like I said, I;m dissappointed in the sound system, which was the main focus on the 300S ( the Dr. Dre Beats system) I am a middle aged white male and don't listen to rap, but I do like a little bass with my music, and this stereo is absolutely bassless. I dont know how a rapper would get by trying to listen to it with no Bass.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 PM

I have a 2011 300 limited. The EVIC (electronic vehicle information center) flashed an "oil change" message yesterday and today. Got oil and filter change, now does the computer automatically reset the mileage to the next change?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Read your owners manual it will tell u what u need to do in there

Old 03-21-2012, 08:20 PM

I can relate to your impressions of the Beat sound system. During my initial visit to the Chrysler dealer I listened to the system. I'm really into music; I'm a Woodstock era "rocker", so now you have an idea of my age. I just received the VIN to my new 300 today, so I suspect I still have several weeks left with my Audi A6. I purchased that vehicle in 1999 (a 2000 model) and ordered the premium Symphony Sound System by Bose. After a month I had it yanked out of the car and went aftermarket. To this day my audio system is far better than what most auto manufacturers offer. But I pledged that for my new (2012) car I wouldn't go aftermarket. So, I took a chance and opted for the Harmon Kardon 19-speaker Group (which is not available with the "S"). Today I was at my dealer to check-out my new iPhone 4S with Uconnect. Interestingly, the 300 I was in had the 19-Speaker Group package. It's far superior to the Beats audio. But in fairness, I would say it is at par with my Audi's aftermarket audio. Your right, bass drives a serious beat in rock music, and the Beats system falls short. The HK unit also relies on Uconnect's audio controls (read: Equalizer), and I had the Bass to the max. Yes, the more you cranked it, the more outrageous sound was produced. I would have preferred a separate control for the sub-woofer that would simultaneously reduce the gain in midrange in favor of the bass. The Equalizer is satisfactory, but a dedicated sub-woofer control would have been superior. My overall impression...this unit will most certainly stay in the car; no need to go aftermarket. Enjoy your new 300.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 PM

We took an S for a test drive with the Beats stereo, my son has a 200 with Boston Acoustic speaker and the basic 276W amp, His bumps better than the Beats. I have to say the Beats sucks even in the HP computer. Any Rapper puts their name on anything and it's supposed to be good? The speaker with the Beats nameplate and the redline around it makes it look cheap.
We went with a limited with the luxury package, it is the Cadillac of Chrysler. We are planning a highway trip just after labour day can't wait.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM

I think me and you are the only ones with 2012's online and yet they are all over town here.

Quick Reply: No 300S area??