Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Seats REALLY uncomfortable (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/seats-really-uncomfortable-5438/)

sdgmcdon 04-22-2008 09:51 PM

Seats REALLY uncomfortable

My car was hit and is in the shop getting repaired, so i rented a 300 as it's a car of interest to buy for my next car. I've had it for 2 days now and I like the car overall but the seats are REALLY REALLY uncomfortable and for me, being a Realtor, that's a massive problem as I'm generally in the car most of the day.

I noticed this first in a friends mercedes SUV (06 ML350) that the seats seemed to lean outward, away from the center of the vehicle just a touch which I found really uncomfortable, probably because I rest on thecenter armrestfar more than I do the outer, I think this 300 is the same way...

After 3 hours in the car today (a LIGHT driving day for me) my neck and back are absolutely KILLING ME.

Is this typical of chryslers? Do the seats actually lean out a touch or is it just the seats they use in general?

I've driven dozens and dozens of cars from many different manufacturers and the chryslers and mercedes I always find to be really uncomfortable; seems to be a chrysler thing except that I don't find jeep seats to be that bad.

Anyone? Just curious...Also curious if the higher end models than just a straight 300 touring (like the AWD V8's) have the same seats or different seats?

Thanks!

mats o 04-23-2008 04:49 AM

RE: Seats REALLY uncomfortable

No, I have not experienced it that bad, but maybe I would like the sides of the seatcushion a bit higher to support the legs. I lean at the middle armrest just like you, and my rigth leg then often lean toward the edge of the radiopanel in the middle.I change position, but after a little while I am back there again. I had a Citroën C5 stationwagon before with the same kind of "problem". Only that the edge was sharper in that car..
I´m 186 cm tall. Maybe I´m a bit monkeyshaped, but compared to most any man I look just like them so I don´t think so..;) As you wrote, I think this is typical for most modern cars.

Stormbringer 05-19-2008 08:08 PM

Man, I don't know what to say other than my 300 is the most comfortable car I've ever been in with the possible exception of a Buick Park Ave. I'm a pretty big guy 6'5" and have no problems.
I just settle in and enjoy the ride.

mats o 05-26-2008 09:26 AM

Stormbringer, the car is really comfortable. But still I would like a little more of legsupport. My leg often leans to the edge of the radiopanel. After a while it hurts. Or make the edge smoother. Otherwise I love the car. ;)