Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Seats REALLY uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Default Seats REALLY uncomfortable

My car was hit and is in the shop getting repaired, so i rented a 300 as it's a car of interest to buy for my next car. I've had it for 2 days now and I like the car overall but the seats are REALLY REALLY uncomfortable and for me, being a Realtor, that's a massive problem as I'm generally in the car most of the day.

I noticed this first in a friends mercedes SUV (06 ML350) that the seats seemed to lean outward, away from the center of the vehicle just a touch which I found really uncomfortable, probably because I rest on thecenter armrestfar more than I do the outer, I think this 300 is the same way...

After 3 hours in the car today (a LIGHT driving day for me) my neck and back are absolutely KILLING ME.

Is this typical of chryslers? Do the seats actually lean out a touch or is it just the seats they use in general?

I've driven dozens and dozens of cars from many different manufacturers and the chryslers and mercedes I always find to be really uncomfortable; seems to be a chrysler thing except that I don't find jeep seats to be that bad.

Anyone? Just curious...Also curious if the higher end models than just a straight 300 touring (like the AWD V8's) have the same seats or different seats?

Thanks!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Default RE: Seats REALLY uncomfortable

No, I have not experienced it that bad, but maybe I would like the sides of the seatcushion a bit higher to support the legs. I lean at the middle armrest just like you, and my rigth leg then often lean toward the edge of the radiopanel in the middle.I change position, but after a little while I am back there again. I had a Citroën C5 stationwagon before with the same kind of "problem". Only that the edge was sharper in that car..
I´m 186 cm tall. Maybe I´m a bit monkeyshaped, but compared to most any man I look just like them so I don´t think so.. As you wrote, I think this is typical for most modern cars.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Man, I don't know what to say other than my 300 is the most comfortable car I've ever been in with the possible exception of a Buick Park Ave. I'm a pretty big guy 6'5" and have no problems.
I just settle in and enjoy the ride.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 AM

Stormbringer, the car is really comfortable. But still I would like a little more of legsupport. My leg often leans to the edge of the radiopanel. After a while it hurts. Or make the edge smoother. Otherwise I love the car.