Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Suspension/Steering

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 06:06 AM
Default Suspension/Steering

Hello,

I’ve got a 2013 300C. When I turn left at slow speeds and change the balance of the car, like when going over a speed bump or driving down ramps in parking garages, I feel and hear a slight rub in the cabin. I recently had my starter motor changed, but the dealership tells me the rack and pinion is the not problem. The shop foreman at a dealership went on a test drive with me and noticed the issue, but the technicians could not determine what’s causing the issue. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks.

Old 01-06-2021, 09:06 AM

Did you get that solved? I had a noise recently, but different and could not get it to replicate by bouncing the car but I could by rocking the car from side to side. Obviously, if I'm pushing towards the side, up high on the door/roof I can't be laying under the car to find the noise. I had someone else rock the car sideways and then I was able to locate the noise.

Old 01-06-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainBlaze
Did you get that solved? I had a noise recently, but different and could not get it to replicate by bouncing the car but I could by rocking the car from side to side. Obviously, if I'm pushing towards the side, up high on the door/roof I can't be laying under the car to find the noise. I had someone else rock the car sideways and then I was able to locate the noise.

No, I have not been able to determine what is causing this issue. What was causing your noise?

The vehicle drives fine, but on cold winter mornings it is highly annoying to feel a rubbing on the floorboard of the cabin. Someone suggested it could just be the tires. At the time this started happening, I switched to Pirelli all-season from Michelin Pilots. After a year, the Michelins give a much better ride. They worth the extra cost. However, the rubbing/noise is still annoying and I’m considering selling the car.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:01 PM

I had a clunk that was gone after I replaced the sway bar bushings and links. ... but alas, I failed to torque one of the links properly and discovered the clunk progressively growing back again. I had to get someone to rock the car side to side. My bad, but I was a little baffled at first because I had just replaced all that stuff.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:50 PM

What size were the new tires? If you bought the car used some 300 owners think its a cool idea to put 22 inch tires on shaving metal off joints so it doesn't rub.... makes me sad to see such nice cars abused.