Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Default uconnect

Hello, I just brought a unconnect for my 2006 300c from ebay. I didn't get it yet but wanted to know if I had to buy any wires for it.
This is a Uconnect type mirror which has a michrophone built into it and buttons to control the uconnect hands-free system that Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler puts in their viehicles. this mirror also has a large sensor box where the window mount is.THIS IS THE SMARTBEAM CAMERA LENS AND IS SHAPED LIKE THIS TO FIT OVER THE RAIN SENSOR (AN OPTION-SOME MODELS)THE RAIN SENSOR IS GLUED TO THE GLASS. Here's a link to more info:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_smartbeam.htm#DESCRIPTION
The rain sensor (when in the correct vehicle, the sensor turns the windshield wipers on automatically when it "sees" rain.)This mirror came out of an 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee (but will work on other chrysler/dodge/jeep vehicles.) It has been tested and is fully functional.

This is a great price for a uconnect mirror andthe uconnect stuff will still work even if you don't have the wiring for the rain sensor.
comes with two wiring plugs as pictured with about 3" of wire in them, and the mounting screw for the windshield (Torx T-20 size).
BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE TO VERIFY IT WILL WORK IN YOUR VEHICLE.
NOTE: this works for the FACTORY version, NOT the Dealer installed option, and does require the telematics module (that is the bluetooth module and itis NOT INCLUDED) to work.
check out this site for reference:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...light=uconnect
Know after I finished reading this, I looked in my car and notice I have two wire but the small wire goes to the rain sensor. The unconnect fits over the sensor but do I need to change the wires?orwill the unconnect plug in to the sensor and thelittle wire plugs into the unconnect Thank you if you could answer this.