Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

What is the most current NAV software?

Old 11-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Default What is the most current NAV software?

I purchased a new 06 300C in August, and I am trying to find out if I have the most current DVD for my NAV software. According to the System Info, I have version 1.44.00

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Brad

Old 03-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Default RE: What is the most current NAV software?

Version AD software was released on Tuesday, March 14th 2006.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:11 PM

Thanks, Lee.

How do we get it?

-Brad

Old 03-19-2006, 06:19 PM

You can call Alpine (Chrysler support) at 866 733 5492. Tell them you want the version AD software. Cost is approx (hold on to your steering wheel) $150.

Chrysler parts departments should have them shortly.

We just bought a 2006 C and the software that came with it was AC, but they are going to give me a disc of the new AD version as soon as they get it.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:34 PM

Lee I have a 2005 300C and wonder what the advantage would be to up-grade the DVD software.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:23 PM

I just called the Alpine support number and they couldn't give me specific information about what has changed between versions AC and AD. They were only able to tell me that AC was released in 04 and that AD was released about 2 months ago. They said obviously a lot of point of interest information would have changed but they couldn't tell me what if anything changed with the software itself (logic, UI, features). I told him I just bought the Pacifica last week and he said depending on production date of the vehicle it's not surprising it would have version AC.

I'm happy with the mapping data in AC (I've only used it for a week) but am very curious about the firmware updates. I've had many Garmin portable units and the updates always fixed bugs and added new features. Also, while it's true Garmin will upgrade for free, it's only for a certain window of time depending on when you purchased and when they updated. If it's beyond that timeframe, you still have to pay for the update and it's also about $150.

If anyone has successfully negotiated to get the updated AD version from their dealer without the $150 charge would you share your technique?

Old 07-18-2006, 12:13 AM

I apologize if this question has been answered but I am new to the car industry and especially the electrical side of cars. To piggy back on this topic of Navigation to DVD capabilities, I just bought the 2006 300c and was wondering if the navi can be converted and/or added to reading DVD's? I heard that the Navigation can be changed by adding a module to the system.
After reading these entries it makes me believe it is a software issue?, not a module. Any insight or direction would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-18-2006, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: nneewwtt

I apologize if this question has been answered but I am new to the car industry and especially the electrical side of cars. To piggy back on this topic of Navigation to DVD capabilities, I just bought the 2006 300c and was wondering if the navi can be converted and/or added to reading DVD's? I heard that the Navigation can be changed by adding a module to the system.
After reading these entries it makes me believe it is a software issue?, not a module. Any insight or direction would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
There is an aftermarket component.. Not sure what it is that can convert the nav to screen to being able to use as a 'tv' for DVD's. I don't know if the actual hard drive itself can be used to read DVD's movies etc etc. I hope this helps!

Old 07-19-2006, 04:01 AM

Thanks for the response. I will start by asking Chrysler, then maybe Alpine.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:23 PM

AE is the current version as of September 2006

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the most current NAV software?