Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Worst experience with Chrysler dealership Ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Exclamation Worst experience with Chrysler dealership Ever!! PLZ HELP

Hello all,
I have 2010 Chrysler 300 which has 58,000 miles on it. Last week the check engine light came on and I went to my mechanic and he said that there is misfire on #3 and #5 and you need to change the sparks and the fuel injection to fix the car. After he changed them he called me and said there is still misfire and low compression on cylinder#3 and he believes that the problem is with cylinder itself. So, he said that he need to take the engine apart and look to the cylinder.
Then I went to the Chrysler dealer to ask for another opinion. After 4 hrs. the service manger at Chrysler called me and said that the problem is with the Powertrain control module not with cylinder!
He said that the PCM costs around $900 and we will take care of it but you have to pay $230 for the labor.I told him ok go ahead if this will fix the problem.
Then they replaced the PCM twice because when they changed it the first time the speed indicator did not work and I had to wait for another week for them to order new PCM. Eventually, they changed the PCM for the second time and after driving 100 miles the check engine came again with this code p0300 ( random misfire code). I brought the car again for the dealer and they said we will do the diagnosis again and it will not cost you anything. Two days later, they called and said there is a problem with one of the cylinder side and we need to start taking things apart to see what is going on and this will cost you $270. Three days after, they called and said one of the we took the engine apart and the cylinder head is warped and can not be repaired!! it has to be changed and the total process including the $270 for diagnosis will cost $2500!!!
I change the oil all the time and the car had never been overheated, so what cause the head to get warped!!
I do not trust this dealership any more and I believe that they are missing with me and cheating. If I do not fix it with them I think that they will ask me to pay another $270 to put the engine back again (270x2=$540).
Please give some advice I am totally Lost

Last edited by Boston300C; 04-19-2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: more attention