Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

07 Aspen 5.7l Coolant Temps

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:43 PM

It's now -15F and although it takes a little longer to warm up the temp gauge still settles in the middle (one small notch below midway point). The heat still blows good once it warms up. I guess that is just how this drive train is. I posted a similar post on Durango forum and got similar answers. This kinda reminds me of the diesel trucks I have driven that took longer to warm up (larger cast iron block with huge radiator) but eventually warmed up.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:44 PM

What type of performance gains do you feel? Does it have higher mpg's with tune. I can barely tell with the MDS is on but I hope mines doesn't develop issues since I like the cruising efficiency it's supposed to provide.
Originally Posted by Rawyzf
Yep, that's my Diablo Trinity. I run the 91oct tune with MDS tuned out. I just Monitor trans and oil temp with oil pressure and have the mpg calibrated to the different tire size.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by rowekmr
What type of performance gains do you feel? Does it have higher mpg's with tune. I can barely tell with the MDS is on but I hope mines doesn't develop issues since I like the cruising efficiency it's supposed to provide.
It claims something like 20hp/20tq with the 91 tune. Do I feel it, maybe a little on top end, but not a lot. It's such a brick, hard to tell. The shifting is improved, I know that. What I like most is that MDS is tuned out to avoid the potential issues and that I don't feel it kick on and off all the time. That really bugged me. The MPGs didn't change much for me, as I don't do much long highway driving. However, I did tune out the AFM (GM version of 4cyl shutdown) on both my G8 and Silverado and the MPG difference was less than 1mpg over a few years of driving.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:19 AM

I had Sharadon Performance (Hugo) do a road tune for my 2008 Aspen since my Cats are gone. Where did you get the tunes from?

Old 07-25-2019, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by trdehmer
I had Sharadon Performance (Hugo) do a road tune for my 2008 Aspen since my Cats are gone. Where did you get the tunes from?
Mine is a canned tune, built into the Diablosport Trinity. You can upload custom tunes as well, if you have them, or modify the canned tunes slightly on certain components.

I use the 91 tune, and modify to turn off the MDS 4cyl mode.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:07 AM

I have never played with mine, or really even plugged it in! I have no idea how to use it. Any idea where I can find details on how to use it and how to go about downloading canned and custom tunes?

Old 07-25-2019, 09:48 AM

I have never played with mine, or really even plugged it in! I have no idea how to use it. Any idea where I can find details on how to use it and how to go about downloading canned and custom tunes?
You have the Diablo Trinity?

Old 07-25-2019, 09:50 AM

Yes, an older model I'd assume.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:52 AM

Yes, an older model I'd assume.
I'm curious as to if Sheradon created a custom tune for you, and used your Diablo to upload it.....or something else.

Let me know which model you have, if you have a pic. If you have the T1000 Trinity, I can help out and kinda navigate you around.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 AM

I'll look when I get home tonight. I believe Sheradon did do a custom tune for me, for 87 octane. I know they adjusted or shut off MSD. I've never observed it turn on.

Lately it feels like it lost of ton of HP/TRQ and I can't figure out why. Runs fine otherwise. I'm getting close to trading in as it's a nickle/dime thing on this Aspen all the time now at 158,000 miles.

Leaning towards a Dodge Durango I suppose - need to do some research on reliability.

Quick Reply: 07 Aspen 5.7l Coolant Temps