Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

07 Aspen SVC 4wd message

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Default 07 Aspen SVC 4wd message

I have a 07 Aspen that has a problem with the 4wd engaging in lock mode intermittently and the SVC 4wd message coming on. Had it to the dealer and they could not duplicate it and said there were no codes stored. They drove it only about 6mi. After I left the Dealerhip it happenned again.
Checking to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM

If the Transfer case will not shift through 4LOCK (Part-time) range it could be from an incomplete shift due to drivetrain torque load. Drive the vehicle in a straight line and momentarily release the accelerator pedal to complete the shift.

Other causes may include:
Incorrect tire pressure.
Excessive tire wear.
Excessive vehicle loading.

If the Transfer case is noisy while in, or jumps out of, 4LO. It may be that the Transfer case is not completely engaged in 4LO position. While rolling 2-3 MPH and the transmission in NEUTRAL, or the clutch depressed on vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, shift the transfer case to the AWD or 4LOCK position, and then back into the 4LO position.

Other possible causes:
Range fork damaged, inserts worn, or fork is binding on the shift rail.
Low range gear worn or damaged.

Also check for insufficient or incorrect lubricant or internal transfer case components binding, worn, or damaged.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 PM

The truck is going from 4wd to 4wd lock by itself.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM

Had truck to dealer where it was bought. Nissan dealer, they said could not duplicate and found no codes.
Then took to Chrysler dealer, they had it all day and drove it 6mi. Did not act up and no codes. Left dealership and it did it.

Couple days later went to leave work and vehicle would not move. Shut truck off and got out to go back into work and truck started to roll. Had to jump in truck and apply parking brake to stop. Called tow truck and trans was making lots of noise when being put on flat bed.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM

This is becoming a more common problem with the Aspen's transfer case motor. Google "Dodge Durango 4wd problem" for more information.

And generally speaking, everyone, that should be your first course of action when looking for the solution to an issue with your Aspen. There's a lot more Durangos than Aspens, and chances are they're experiencing the same mechanical problems.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by edhunt0r
I have a 07 Aspen that has a problem with the 4wd engaging in lock mode intermittently and the SVC 4wd message coming on. Had it to the dealer and they could not duplicate it and said there were no codes stored. They drove it only about 6mi. After I left the Dealerhip it happenned again.

Thanks
yes I am having the same problem. And a 4low light comes on as well.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:12 AM
Default 08 Aspen svc 4wd message.

Originally Posted by edhunt0r

Thanks
has anyone figured out what the problem is with the light coming on the SVC 4 wheel drive light and my 4 wheel low is flashing is anyone figured that problem out yet

Old 01-08-2018, 04:14 AM
Default 08 Aspen svc 4wd message.

Originally Posted by jtsteel
has anyone figured out what the problem is with the light coming on the SVC 4 wheel drive light and my 4 wheel low is flashing is anyone figured that problem out yet
if everyone's having problem with their Aspen's full drive system wouldn't you think that would be a recall

Old 02-02-2018, 08:21 AM
Unhappy 4wd locking up

OMGosh! I cant believe others have had the same problems! I thought I was the only one. I took the truck to a Chrysler dealer 10 years ago and they thought I was insane and of course couldnt find anything so I had to drive them around the block. And in those few minutes of driving time nothing happened. But for 10 long years I have had to drive the Aspen like that and have it constantly lock up and you had to go park somewhere and try to get it to stop or you couldnt take a tight circle then it would lock up. My service light is on now constantly and it goes in and out of 4 wheel lock. Its sad they didnt recall them.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:24 AM

So do you know what the solution was?

Quick Reply: 07 Aspen SVC 4wd message