Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

07 Limited Lowered

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Default 07 Limited Lowered

So I was looking at getting some lowering springs for the Aspen, but I was wondering if the rear lowering springs would need a drop shock? Can you use the stock shock with drop springs? If you can use the stock style shocks, how many people are running them and does it decrease the performance with lowering springs? Pictures would be sweet also!

I just want to get rid of the HUGE gap in the rear between the fender and wheel. I dont haul much of anything so im not worried about sagging.

If you have to use drop shocks, where does one find those? Its pretty hard to find things for these cars as it is, and I'm having no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Old 07-28-2012, 09:59 AM

Well Chumlee , you should just get a torch and heat the coil springs up til they get a nice hot red and the weight of the car will lower itself due to all the heat being put on the coil springs. and bam your ride is lowered in 15min. Thats how the Mexicants did it in Fla. good luck young grasshopper.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the reply, Scrappy.

The question was not how to lower your truck the cheapest way possible with the most damage to the vehicle as possible.

I was looking maybe for somebody that had installed eibach (or the like) drop springs and what shocks they used. Not what the Mexicans did in Florida...

Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 AM

you are 100% correct my good sir , i applaud your reply. im sorry i could not be more helpful. I in fact did allow the Mexixcant's to torch my springs in Fla when i was in high school. It was a s10 and it was a very , very rough ride , so the cheap route is def not the way to go. some chick even broke her tooth in my truck , and i had to dump her , cause she looked kinda funny after missing a front tooth. im kinda shallow. good luck grasshopper.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 AM

I (Mexican from California) have got the Eibach pro-kit drop springs (they only make them for the rear) installed on my wife's 07 Aspen we've had it dropped for about 3 years now, after putting 24" rims. The front has to be lowered by an inch or two so that it does not sit higher than the rear, this is done by adjusting the torsion bar using a hex key I believe. We kept the stock shocks until they needed replacing. We then installed Gabriel shocks but from reading others reviews, I would probably go with Bilstein shocks instead, if I were you.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Default Lowered 07

So, did you ever lower your Aspen with the Eibach Springs. I am thinking of doing it mostly for safety....lower center of gravity and probably a stiffer ride (my Aspen bounces like a boat and I do have new shocks)

Thanks.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 PM

I have not yet installed springs. Went the route of getting new shocks(Bilsteins) and should have done the springs at the same time but money didn't allow for it. Now I'm wishing I had done the springs at the same time. If you do install springs let me know the outcome. I might look into is in the future, still too much room between the wheel and the well!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by churnee
I have not yet installed springs. Went the route of getting new shocks(Bilsteins) and should have done the springs at the same time but money didn't allow for it. Now I'm wishing I had done the springs at the same time. If you do install springs let me know the outcome. I might look into is in the future, still too much room between the wheel and the well!
After doing a little more homework it seems as the if you install the 3" rear spring drop and also lower the front tortion bars as far as they go then the rear will sit slightly lower than the front. I googled pictures of the set up and from the 2 or 3 that i found it did indeed seem to sit lower in the rear than in the front. So, unless I can find a 2" spring drop I do not plan to do anything.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 AM

So, did you ever lower your Aspen with the Eibach Springs. I am thinking of doing it mostly for safety.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 AM

I haven't.
If you do please let me know how the ride changes and give us some pictures. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 07 Limited Lowered