Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2008 Aspen Hemi awd 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Angry 2008 Aspen Hemi awd 4x4

Hi All, just wondering if you had the results regarding Vibrations on the Wonderful 2008 Aspen? May Dealer has changed many parts and still have the same vibrations at all speeds. The only time it rides perfect is when they retrain the computer. When its finished training all vibrations are back.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM

If the vibration is present at all speeds, that sounds like a bad tire (not round), a bad wheel, or a need for wheel balancing. I assume you've been through these items, and that you've:

1. Had the wheels force-variance balanced (road force); and

2. Rotated the tires to see if the situation improves - sometimes moving the bad wheel to a different corner helps.

From another forum:
It is easy to test Ujoint vs balance. Get to the speed that produces the vibration the worst and turn on your cruise control. Then push your tow/haul button and when the rpms increase notice if the vibration changes. If it does then it is a ujoint or driveshaft issue. If it doesn't change then I say tire/wheel balance issue.
Loose or damaged engine mounts can also cause vibration. Good luck!

Last edited by 15951a\; 06-03-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Mine shook horribly when new, and it was due to the tires being "out of round". Mine stood on the lot for > 1 yr when new. Goodyear replaced them under warranty. It's very smooth now. I upgraded to Wrangler Silent Armors.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:06 PM

I had the vibration problem when I bought it new. It vibrated at 60-65 mph. I brought back to the dealer and they road force balanced it. The vibration went away at 60-65 mph but shoed up at 72-75 mph. I lived with this for about a year and half. I relocated to Vero Beach, FL and while I was having my oil changed I asked the service advisor if they have heard of vibration problems. He mentioned that on my next oil change to schedule a road force balance and I mentioned to him that I had already had it road force balanced. He seemed to know that there is a certain way to road force balance the tire for the Aspen. On my next oil change I reluctantly agreed to have it road force balanced. As soon as I drove away from the dealer I knew something changed and now the vibration is gone completely. It now drives smooth as silk.

Lesson learned even though they road force balance it if they do not know what they are doing it is not going to fix it. I am so happy with my dealer. He even saw that the door panels we starting to delaminate that he took picture of them and got Chrysler to replace both of them. The door panels were $500 each.

This is how a 5 Star dealer should be.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Default Same problem...

I have a similiar issue. Vibrations between 68-72 that will shake tooth fillings out of your mouth. Any ide what the trick to the Road Force on the Aspen is or anyone in NJ that can do it?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Start asking folks in your area. Try some Mopar clubs or others at different car shows. Those folks with the exotics usually know someone because they are particular about their rims and tires.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by fledda
I had the vibration problem when I bought it new. It vibrated at 60-65 mph. I brought back to the dealer and they road force balanced it. The vibration went away at 60-65 mph but shoed up at 72-75 mph. I lived with this for about a year and half. I relocated to Vero Beach, FL and while I was having my oil changed I asked the service advisor if they have heard of vibration problems. He mentioned that on my next oil change to schedule a road force balance and I mentioned to him that I had already had it road force balanced. He seemed to know that there is a certain way to road force balance the tire for the Aspen. On my next oil change I reluctantly agreed to have it road force balanced. As soon as I drove away from the dealer I knew something changed and now the vibration is gone completely. It now drives smooth as silk.

Lesson learned even though they road force balance it if they do not know what they are doing it is not going to fix it. I am so happy with my dealer. He even saw that the door panels we starting to delaminate that he took picture of them and got Chrysler to replace both of them. The door panels were $500 each.

This is how a 5 Star dealer should be.
I have the same issue. I had it balanced twice at my dealership. I just had the tires replaced by the dealer and it still vibrates at around 65 mph. If you could find out what the trick was that would be very helpful.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:07 PM

I am not sure what the other dealer did. He did mention that becasue the aspen is heavy there is a certain way of balancing it given the weight of the truck.

If you have been to the same dealer twice, I would go to another shop.

Another suggestion is to google Road Force Balance and the website which I think is Hunter who makes the balancing machine has a locator which lists shops that would do road force balance.