Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2009 Aspen Limited sport

Old 08-07-2018, 12:37 AM
kjs
Default 2009 Aspen Limited sport

I'm new to the forum. I just am replacing the cooling fan assembly as I have something draining the battery and the car may start every 1-2 days but then it may not start at all. I thought it was the EVIC as there is a wire disconnected and not sure if I can get it reconnected into the cylinder it came out of. It looks chewed off. I cannot find a place to get another EVIC for my car which I've had for five years now and really like it. I'm lucky not much trouble with it over these years. However, finding someone to work on it is another matter. Would anyone know where I might find another EVIC or components of for mine? Thanks.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by kjs
I'm new to the forum. I just am replacing the cooling fan assembly as I have something draining the battery and the car may start every 1-2 days but then it may not start at all. I thought it was the EVIC as there is a wire disconnected and not sure if I can get it reconnected into the cylinder it came out of. It looks chewed off. I cannot find a place to get another EVIC for my car which I've had for five years now and really like it. I'm lucky not much trouble with it over these years. However, finding someone to work on it is another matter. Would anyone know where I might find another EVIC or components of for mine? Thanks.
Try car-part.com? They usually list that as a headliner but can also be front upper console or something similar.

It's a bunch of salvage yards. And you find one nearby. I use them all the time. Can involve driving a little ways away for a vehicle as hard to find as the Aspen. But if you find one that matches be sure to call ahead. They're is a chance they still need to pull the part from the vehicle.

Last edited by themps; 12-08-2018 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:13 AM
kjs

Thanks. The dealership finally helped me find one and they replaced it. Has been running great but now is not wanting to start again so maybe the PCOM is again gone bad. I have to contact them again.