Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Aspen 2007 Steering not as responsive

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 05:44 PM
Unhappy Aspen 2007 Steering not as responsive

After having my rack and pinion replaced (the boot was leaking) the mechanic I used put in an aftermarket Cardone R&P. Now it feels like a boat - not as responsive as before. I'm ready to have and OEM Mopar put in and see if I get my old car back Before the replacement it was extremely responsive, enough that I can't drive it like it is now! It is a significant difference - way too loose. Don't get me wrong, it steers fine, no popping or shaking, just not as responsive as before. It takes about a full turn to turn right. The left is a little tighter. Never had this before.

Has anyone else experienced this? The steering was perfect before taking it in for the leak.

Thank you!

Old 04-19-2016, 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=dcarmickle;95168]After having my rack and pinion replaced (the boot was leaking) the mechanic I used put in an aftermarket Cardone R&P. Now it feels like a boat - not as responsive as before. I'm ready to have an OEM Mopar put in and see if I get my old car back. Before the replacement it was extremely responsive, enough that I can't drive it like it is now! It is a significant difference - way too loose. Don't get me wrong, it steers fine, no popping or shaking, just not as responsive as before. It takes about a full turn to turn right. The left is a little tighter. Never had this before.

Has anyone else experienced this? The steering was perfect before taking it in for the leak.

Thanks in advance.