Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Aspen Navigation System...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Default Aspen Navigation System...

I am thinking of purchasing an Aspen. The one on the lot is loaded except for no navigation. They said they can install factory nav, but I'm wondering if I'm better off having an after market system put any. Any input? I haven't actually gotten to play around with it, but I thought I remember reading that it didn't have touch screen??? Could that possibly be correct??

Thanks for your help!

K~
(who's hoping to be driving my new Aspen by the weekend)

Old 04-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Default RE: Aspen Navigation System...

My preference, and what I'm helping my Dad do next week, it to put the factory system in replace the cheapo radio it comes with.
i like the way the factory unit integrates and just looks neater.
It is not a touch screen. They just seem to get covered in finger prints after a while anyway.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the input. DH will be going with me later to the dealership and he's more knowledgeable about the nav systems that I am.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 PM

I just got my aspen and had the factory nav installed. I love mine, just make sure you get a good deal on the install. I'd find one that has it already in it, it will save you some money. Good luck.

Tim

Old 04-26-2007, 11:48 PM

I'm getting what I believe to be an awesome deal on the car. We were considering a Tahoe as well... actually have both the Aspen and Tahoe sitting in the garage tonite, trying to figure out which to get.

BUT, one thing that the Chevy dealer said is that if the car didn't come with something from the factory, that they couldn't add it at the dealership and still be covered under warranty. Does anyone know if that's true? Too late to call the dealership and ask, but that makes me nervous given the fact that they have to add the Nav system.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:13 AM

I don't know if that is true for Chevy, sounds false to me. I know Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.....if you add anything and have them install, it is covered under factory warranty. Let us know what you end up getting, and post pictures. Good luck on the deal.

Tim

Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

anything added by chrysler will be covered under the 3year 36k warranty. If u get the top of the line extended warranty then u get it for longer up to 7 years 100k

Old 05-03-2007, 01:50 PM

It's my understanding that any mopar parts purchased at the time of the car are covered under the factory warranty. Any purchased after that only have the standard 12 month warranty.

As far as the NAV system, I think it works well. My only negative comment about it would be the lack of a touchscreen. Our other car is a 2007 G35 sedan, which has a touchscreen. I really like that I dont have to scroll all over the place when typing in a name.

I'm hoping that Sirius works in traffic monitoring with NAV at some point, as I think that would be a great feature. Again, something else that's present on the G that I wish I had on the Aspen.

Other than that, I have no complaints about the navigation system.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:32 PM

I am looking at some of the aftermarket units like the pioneer avic d3 my understanding is its more work but there are more features with the unit then just the stock. but you have to upgrade the sirius turner ect.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:48 PM

a person at my work said the pioneer is the one to get. the fac. nav. by nav. tech is pretty bad. missing alot of poi's or wrong poi's, i contacted them but they have yet to reply. i'll wait for the updated nav. dvd and if not better i'll go with pioneer d3.

Quick Reply: Aspen Navigation System...