Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

A/C Cool not Cold - PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 09:48 AM
Default A/C Cool not Cold - PLEASE HELP

Hi All! It's a pleasure to be here with all of you lovers of Mopar!
I have a 07 Chrysler Aspen 5.7 with 160,000. I bought it not too long ago and seems to be in great shape. At first the AC seemed fine as it was only in the 80's and the system took a little while to get COLD but I didn't think anything of it. It didn't take long for it to get over 100 here in Dallas. I noticed the lack of AC right away! I can have the AC at 60 full fans, recirculating etc but doesn't get past being just a little cool never cold. The rear ac doesn't even seem to be cool anymore. I have tried it in manual and auto but no change.

I checked the refrigerant charge and it was about 40 - 45 psi a couple days ago when it was 90 degrees out (normal range at least according to the refrigerant bottle). Compressor running just fine. So I am wondering where to look first for issues? I prefer to do things myself but am admittedly a little ignorant given complex AC issues but I can learn. Will a vacuum and recharge help? I have read several different threads pointing out that it could be the condenser, the evaporator, drier etc. Not sure where to start from here. Any info helps.

Thanks in advance!