Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Chrysler Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Default Chrysler Aspen

2008 Chrysler Aspen light issue. When I start the vehicle all is ok. If I immediately turn on a signal either way everything works ok. Within 10 seconds I lose the rear lights. And the signals then start to flash fast both sides as if a bulb is out.
Is this some sort of a control module issue?

Old 11-17-2019, 01:07 PM

That is odd. Haven't seen that one before. When you say you loose the rear lights within 10 seconds, I'm guessing you mean the turn lights. Not the parking lights since you are talking about the turn signals.

Looking at my Haynes manual for the Durango, I see the wiring diagram for the front and rear lights (PDF attachments below for you to review). I see both the front and rear have a "Front Control Module" which is fed from the "Integrated Power Module". The only difference I see between front and rear is that the rear also has a "Junction Block". I did a quick search for junction block on Google and it returns images of the fuse block (the one inside by drivers kick panel).

If the front signals continue to work while the rears do not, in my opinion this would rule out the FCM or the IPM. So based off of this, I am guessing their is either something that has gone bad with your fuse block or some plug somewhere on the fuse block which feeds the rear lights is coming loose or is corroded causing poor connection. When this happens, the rear lights turn off and causes the "hyper-flash".

Part number for the junction box - 56049173AG. Retails for $264. Found for as low as $188. Personally I would do some testing and possibly try to find one used before paying retail. I am also including a couple of images of the fuse block. You can see the plugs on the front. Now which one is for the rear lights I have no idea.

Hope this helps you some.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Aspen Lights Front.pdf (491.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf
Aspen Lights Rear.pdf (488.9 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by calamity coyote; 11-17-2019 at 01:11 PM.