Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Driver's side wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Default Driver's side wind noise

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. My wife and I just traded our beloved 2000 Durango in for an '08 Aspen. We love the Aspen so far, but we took a trip down to Houston today and on the way back it was really windy and we found the driver's side door (upper right corner) was making some really loud wind noise. No wind was making it in, it just sounded like a loud hollow wind noise. The passenger side does not have this problem. As far as I can tell the seal looks OK. We're taking it to the dealer next week and hoping this is a warranty issue

BTW, We got the Aspen with 4.7L V8. It's redish brown in color. Does anyone know this color? We really like it. I will post a photo soon.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:49 PM

its most likely a door seal or sindow seal

Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 PM

We have a 2007 Aspen that was dead quite until we came back from Wyoming for Christmas. At a refueling stop the 60+ mph wind ripped the driver door out of my hand and really whipped the door fully open. The wind noise now is very loud if there is any outside wind. Just regular driving doesn't seem to have any wind noise but heavy winds or passing a truck you can hear it.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:55 AM

EZ, Congrats on the new Aspen, and welcome to the site. The windnoise will be/should be a warranty issue.

Jim, take the truck to a competent bodyshop, they can bend the door back into position to take care of the noise.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Al B
EZ, Congrats on the new Aspen, and welcome to the site. The windnoise will be/should be a warranty issue.

Jim, take the truck to a competent bodyshop, they can bend the door back into position to take care of the noise.
That's awesome! Thanks everyone for your help!!! We took some pictures of our Aspen, so I will try and post them soon.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:18 AM

My 07 had the same issue. There is a TSB that covers the door seal (wind noise), it is number 23-017-07. Dealer can order the parts to repair under warranty.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 PM

United, does that apply to the rear doors? Our rear doors have a slight windnoise at highway speed. Good 'ole mother in-law has "hawk ears" and doesn't forget either when she has to ride in the truck.

The doors do close with very little effort, I don't think there is any cushion from the seal, but I don't really notice it that much, kids don't complain, but if there is a TSB for this, then what the heck!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Hi all, I will update this thread once we take our Aspen to the dealer to get it looked at. Maybe in a couple of weeks...

I hope everyone had a nice Easter.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 AM

Yes, it does cover the rear doors. I had the problem with the rear passenger.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by United1
Yes, it does cover the rear doors. I had the problem with the rear passenger.
HA HA ... that's the seat the mother in-law sits at! lolol Thanks so much!

Quick Reply: Driver's side wind noise