Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Fogs on with brights

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Default Fogs on with brights

I did this "mod" on my Sport Trac - simple cutting one lug off the foglight relay. Anyone do this to keep the fogs on with the brights? Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM

that is illegal

Old 02-28-2010, 08:16 PM

It doesn't say that in 49CFR 571.108, so it isn't a national law. I also checked Illinois state law. I do know it is illegal in some states (such as Oklahoma and Nebraska from what I hear).

Illinois doesn't have a law like that (at least it's not under www.cyberdriveillinois.com, which the state uses as a simplified way of reading the code. All I can find is: "Cowl or fender lamps: Only two lights are allowed, which must be nonglare, white or amber lights." Additionally, "Your vehicle may not have more than four 300 candlepower lights burning."

Since the Aspen's have dual filament headlight bulbs, it would only be 4 lights burning. Not to mention, unless you're putting some mega juice to the hi beams, there's no way the fogs plus the hi's are going over 300 candela.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:28 AM

...another Sport Trac/Aspen owner? Cool. I have a 08 XLT 4.6 3V Sport Trac -- along with my new Aspen. Both are great.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by kkreit01
...another Sport Trac/Aspen owner? Cool. I have a 08 XLT 4.6 3V Sport Trac -- along with my new Aspen. Both are great.
Former Trac owner. I had an 03 XLT loaded, but traded it in for the Aspen. Have 2 big dogs and a baby due in a couple months, needed something with more interior room. The Trac was a good car...nice and versatile. I could change shocks without even jacking up the vehicle - so easy to work on. However, the headrests seemed to rattle in many Fords up until about 2005...it was pretty annoying that they didn't tilt forward at all. Very uncomfortable to lean your head against the headrest while driving. Good thing the Aspen isn't like that. I also hated the column shifter...much like the Aspen...but it gives it more of a truck feel.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:12 PM
DAD

Meeting people on the road at night with their damn fog lights on in conjunction with their high beams is nearly enough to drive me to commit "Road Rage" against them!

Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by DAD
Meeting people on the road at night with their damn fog lights on in conjunction with their high beams is nearly enough to drive me to commit "Road Rage" against them!
In general, people who are NOT d-bags, turn OFF their brights when cars are coming toward them.

You must be an angry person since fogs are SO bright