Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Going shopping for an Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Default Going shopping for an Aspen

Hey all. Newbie here. My 2005 Durango (5.7L) lease is almost up. Going out tonight/weekend to look at an 08 Aspen (J Package). Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Default RE: Going shopping for an Aspen

now is the time to get a good deal,on any vehicle,lot suvs in the market iam sure you can get a good deal on a aspen. good luck.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM

There is an instant $ 4500 cash back allowance in our region (Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky). I'm sure there's great incentives for 08's everywhere. I just bought a 08' Limited Signature Series 4x4 Hemi in Cool Vanilla for $ 29,400. It listed just under $ 43,000. I bought it at JWilderman Autoplex in Mt. Carmel, IL.

I love my Aspen!!!! I've driven Toyota's for years and I'm so glad I didn't get a Sequoia. There is NO reason to pay the outrageous prices for the expensive luxury SUV's for what you get in the Aspen. The fit and finish is perfect. The paint is the prettiest I've seen in a long time. I've had four back surgeries and the ride is the best. It just floats down the highway, but has a nice sound when just popping around time.

Hope this helps.

Kumiko

Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 PM

Got back from the dealer a few hours ago. Put a deposit on an 08 Limited (J Package), Brilliant Black!! Every option available, except for the tow package! MSRP$44,335. Price out the door$29,500!!! Waiting till tomorrow morning for the credit app to go through.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:55 AM

Mishka,

Way to go!!! You'll love your Aspen, although I wouldn't want to keep that black clean. HA! I drive my husband nuts because I go over mine every night with the duster and the Quick Detail. I was always the motorhead of the family.

I'm wearing Google out looking for accessories for the Aspen. There's not very much available yet. I'd love to find the illuminated sil guards.

Kumiko

Old 10-19-2008, 12:56 PM

Thanks! Brought it home from the dealer yesterday. The Nav system is not working though!!! Keeps saying that there is "no database"! So, in the first day, already a problem.......

Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Did you load up the Navi disk?
ORIGINAL: Mishka

Thanks! Brought it home from the dealer yesterday. The Nav system is not working though!!! Keeps saying that there is "no database"! So, in the first day, already a problem.......

Old 10-21-2008, 09:56 AM

I never got a disc, for the Nav.
However, I brought down the Aspen to the dealer.
They agreed the whole MYGIG was shot (aside from the Radio, nothing else worked in the unit).
They swapped out the unit, and, now, everything appears to running normally.

The only thing I can say, that I do not care for, on the Aspen, is the steering wheel vibration, at about 60+ MPH. Very unsettling. Other than that, everything is great.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:51 PM

I would take it back for the vibration. I have heard of it, mine does not vibrate at all, at any speed, so I would assume it's the wheel balancing that is the problem, however, I have also heard that it could be linked to the AWD system.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM

i have the AWD on my aspen no problems at any speed so far,

Quick Reply: Going shopping for an Aspen