Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Heating System

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Default Heating System

My 2007 Aspen's heating system seems to be screwed up. When we get into the car and start it up, the front heat controls all both on "low". We turn the heat up to 70 degrees and the interior heats up nicely. The next time we start the car, the controls have reverted back to "low" again. We have to set the heat controlls for both sides evertime we get into the car whether we used "manual" or automatic" settings.. This make no sense and it makes the remote start useless to warm up the car or defrost the windows..

I had it in to the dealers who doesn't know what is wrong and can't fix it and is not even sure if anything is wrong. Chrsyler customer service looked into it and doesn't know how to fix it if it is not operating properly and the don't know if it is operating correctly or not.

Has anyone else had this problem? How does your system work?

Old 12-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Default RE: Heating System

Do you have the Automatic heating and cooling system? The Temp is part of your memory selections.
When you unlock the car with the remote, the radio, seat, A/C system, mirrors, are all reset to the keys' memory settings. To reset, adjust the temp settings to where you want them, pust the memory center button and then the driver number to save everything. Make sure the seat and mirror settings are where you want them before doing the reset.

Should solve the problem.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 PM

Thank you very much for your reply and I will try your suggestion. The only problem with the "memory" method of setting the heater controls is that every time I want to change the "default" temperature when I start the car I must reprogram the memory. That just doesn't sound right. I live in the Northeast and may run the heater to 75 degrees when it is 10 degrees outside. The next day it may warm up to 50 degrees and I don't want the heater to always start at 75 degrees....what do I do...reprogram the memory? What I want is to have the heater/cooler operate at the temperature setting and fan operation I last had it on when I turned off the car. Can that be done?

ORIGINAL: jimhild

Do you have the Automatic heating and cooling system? The Temp is part of your memory selections.
When you unlock the car with the remote, the radio, seat, A/C system, mirrors, are all reset to the keys' memory settings. To reset, adjust the temp settings to where you want them, pust the memory center button and then the driver number to save everything. Make sure the seat and mirror settings are where you want them before doing the reset.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Watcher

Thank you very much for your reply and I will try your suggestion. The only problem with the "memory" method of setting the heater controls is that every time I want to change the "default" temperature when I start the car I must reprogram the memory. That just doesn't sound right. I live in the Northeast and may run the heater to 75 degrees when it is 10 degrees outside. The next day it may warm up to 50 degrees and I don't want the heater to always start at 75 degrees....what do I do...reprogram the memory? What I want is to have the heater/cooler operate at the temperature setting and fan operation I last had it on when I turned off the car. Can that be done?

If you don't lock the car then it remembers the last setting when you next start the car. If you use the memory and lock the car then it reverts to your "standard" setting. I don't know of any way around this other than to reset the memory with a new setting before you lock the car for the night.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:06 PM

If you don't lock the car then it remembers the last setting when you next start the car. If you use the memory and lock the car then it reverts to your "standard" setting. I don't know of any way around this other than to reset the memory with a new setting before you lock the car for the night.

Ah...but there is the problem. We do not lock our car and merely get in it and start it. The heat control always reverts tio "low" and the fan is off no matter where it was set when we turned the car off. It never remembers anything. I think the computer is screwed up or something else is amiss.

I guess you are telling me that the settings SHOULD be remembered from start to to start if the gars is not unlocked using the remote key, and that is not happening.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:22 PM

So far I don't have an answer to my question. When you turn off your Aspen with the heat temnperature set at ...say 72 degrees, is it still set at 72 degrees when you restart the car?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:32 PM

So far I don't have an answer to my question. When you turn off your Aspen with the heat temnperature set at ...say 72 degrees, is it still set at 72 degrees when you restart the car?
That is the way our Aspen works. If we lock and then unlock the car the temp is set to the memory position for the key fob being used to unlock the car.

My memory position is 74 and that is the setting that will come up when I use my key fob. If I want the system to come on at 72 then I must reset the A/C settings and save that with the memory button or it will be set at 74 the next time I unlock the car. If I dont lock the car and come back to restart the car then the temp will be set at the last setting every time.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. My system is indeed not functioning properly. It never returns to the last setting no matter how I turn off or start the car. I am sure I can set the memory but I would be just want the heater-A/C be at the setting when turn off the car.

Again...thanks. I have something to tell the dealer who has no idea how the system works and neither does Chrysler Corp.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:14 PM

I had the same problem in the summer. I can not get the temp to come on with the AC with the remote starter. Chrysler told me that it sends air through the side and floor vents that is cool and on low but I don't have he option to set the AC temp. When using the remote start you can not get the Temp control until you put the key in. This holds true now in the cold weather. Remote start does not allow temp setup until key is inserted. However, it does remember my temp at 65 degrees when I insert the key.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:28 PM

Thanks Joe B. I seldom use the remote. My Aspen will not remember the temp setting when I start the car whether the heater set to 'Automatic" or "Manual". It is clear that that I have a system problem.

Quick Reply: Heating System