Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Looking at Used Aspen 07-09 - Things to look for

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Default Looking at Used Aspen 07-09 - Things to look for

Hi,

I'm looking at used Aspens, 07-09. Is there anything special to look out for, any recalls, known issues or other things that I should be aware of or look for on a used unit?

Thx

Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 AM

Take some time and go through this forum, so much info. I knew exactly what to stay away from and ended up with a fantastic Aspen.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:36 AM

How about sharing "exactly what to stay away from"...

Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 AM

There isn't too many quirks with the Aspens. I've been on the forum a few months now and the biggest problems seem to be gas spewing out when filling up, and the stock shocks. I have an '07 with 45,000 mi's and gas does spew out once every 3 fillups or so. I still have the stock shocks on it and they feel fine, but could probably use a new set.

Other then that, I would recommend getting one with the "J" package which includes a lot of the upgrades, 5.7 HEMI, 20 Chrome wheels, etc... Test all the bells and whistles. Headlights and spark plugs are a PITA to do if your a "do it yourselfer"/expensive to have it done. Check the exhaust as they (mine anyway) seems pretty rusty and all of the normal things you would look at on any other car...

Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 AM

The 3 main items I stayed away from was, any HWY vibration, rust at bottom of doors and pitting of the rims. Mine is 4.5 years old, it isn't perfect but I'm happy with it.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM

i just picked up an 08 "J" package w/ 111k one owner. I had to put a steering rack in it and new tires (which was negotiated in the price). We have had it for a month or so and absolutely love it!
i had an 03 Escalade EXT which was great, but with 4 mos old twins and a 70lb dog, the Aspen is a great alternative...better handling, same bells/whistles..fit and finish was a bit better on the Escalade, but you can't touch a 08 Escalade for $12,500.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM

I have an 07 Aspen fully loaded and enjoy the vehicle but there are a lot of quirks. The rust on doors is a design issue. The drain at bottom of door is in wrong place. Pull out weather stripping on bottom of door and spray rustcheck in hole. It helps if you park downhill to drain water. The rear shocks need to be replaced to avoid highspeed steering issues. The spark plugs are not real issue.They use basic plugs but finding all 16 could be. They have to be changed every 50,000kms to help mds working properly but I had dealership do it for $225 taxes in. I didn't think price was unreasonable. On the plus side the aspen has plenty of room and towing power . My wife loves to drive the aspen and feels safe driving in all weather conditions

Old 12-25-2013, 05:02 AM

A buddy of mine also has an aspen (07') and here's a few things we've discussed in terms of problems with the trucks that we've had or heard about, all the underlined have happened to me so I will vouch--

-Climate Control panel light failure
-Water Damage, ours was from the sunroof, which made the can bus freak
-Stock Shocks, were s***
-Rust, on doors and lower panels
-Seat Motor Failure
-Gas filling problems
-Rear Diff. Leak
-Highway Shutter
-Hemi Tick

Great Truck though. She's a pig sometimes, but all in all, pretty well made and definitely fun to drive and own.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM

I have a 07 Aspen, On the gas filling problem they have a factory recall on that issue, dealership took care of the problem they replaced the fill tub,e and in my case had to put in a new gas tank it was all part of the recall no out of pocket

Old 01-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Default Buying a 07 chrysler aspen. I have questions?

Im thinking about buying a 07 chrysler aspen. They want 11,000 for it. Its in great condition. Clean as hell. The only thing holding me back is it has 103,000 miles on it. What are your opinions about if I should buy it and how do they run mechanically.

Quick Reply: Looking at Used Aspen 07-09 - Things to look for