Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Mechanics/Grease vs. Aspen's Interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Default Mechanics/Grease vs. Aspen's Interior

I bought an '07 Aspen about a month ago. In that time, I had a sun roof installed by "Auto Sun Roof "and a clockspring inside the steering wheel replaced by the dealer where I bought the car. Although the Aspen was pretty clean when I bought it, I spent a few hrs cleaning it to perfection. Then I had the sun roof installed and while the sun roof came out perfect, the seat was dirty, suade inserts were a little greasy, door panels, sills, kick panel, etc... were all scuffed not to mention the carpet was greasy from their shoes.

I spent a few more hours cleaning back to perfection and then dropped it off the following week to get the clockspring replaced. When I picked it up from them... same thing. WTF

Am I just having bad luck or does everyone have this problem? All my vehicles in the past have had charcoal or black interiors so it's never been an issue.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:32 AM

I'm wondering how they managed to get the car dirty doing a clockspring? lol...dang.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:13 PM

They're just being careless. If trips to the dealer resulted in the car needing a detail, I'd probably pick a different dealer. There is no reason for them to kick your door panels or get your seats (or anything else) greasy if they take even a little care.

Be glad those suade inserts aren't real, or it'd be a real nightmare to keep them clean.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM

Sounds about right. I had mine in for work on the EVAP system. They put a paper mat on the floor and covered the seat with plastic. However, they left a huge grease smudge right in the middle of the steering wheel and also on the drivers door. I guess I got off easy compared to you.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM

I've had some minor dirt/stains on my Lincoln -- but it only took 1 min to clean. This is unacceptable. I worked at Firestone in the early 90s. Way back then, they used steering wheel covers, paper floor mats, and plastic on the seats. They should wear nitrile gloves when working on the interiors.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM

I would have marched right back in to see my service tech and raised heck.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by tinman
I would have marched right back in to see my service tech and raised heck.
The place that did the sun roof was about 1 1/2 hrs away so I had to drop off pick up after hrs. I cleaned that mess up myself - wasn't worth bringing it back. Car Sense was 10 times worse, I wish I could have taken a picture! I did go back in and had the Service Mgr look at it. They have a detail shop on site and he was all about getting it cleaned up but it's still a hassle for me. It's an hour out of the way and another trip back and forth.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:44 AM

You're right...sometimes it isn't worth the time or the hassle. Unfortunately. Did you call them and tell them? I would at least do that, but then maybe let a sleeping dog lie.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by tinman
You're right...sometimes it isn't worth the time or the hassle. Unfortunately. Did you call them and tell them? I would at least do that, but then maybe let a sleeping dog lie.
I did not call the place that did the sun roof to complain. I figured - what's the point? An appology wouldn't do me any good and there's no way I was going to make the 2 hr round trip twice to drop off/pick up.