Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

mud flaps and running boards

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Default mud flaps and running boards

Just had running boards installed on my 09 aspen. I read in a previous post about rock chips from the road causing chips in the running boards. Now mine arent painted, they are gray, but I was just wondering how you installed the mud flaps with the running boards. The dealer told me that the ones I had on the car will not be able to be put back on because of the running boards, they will not fit. I still have the mud flaps on the rear, it doesnt look bad, but just wondering if someone has mud flaps and running boards on their aspin. If so, are they molded mud flaps??

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8057

Old 02-09-2011, 09:32 AM

Yes, there are Mopar molded ones for use with the running boards. I have the Mopar gray running boards as well, and splash guards (I installed all DIY). The front pair you had on previously will not work with the running boards. The dealer is telling the truth this time

Here's a link to them. You can find them at dealer, ebay, or online:

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...=3163&pc=29816

(ignore the picture.)

Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 AM

thanks. That doesnt happen often. What really got me is they put on the boards for me and never returned the flaps they said wont fit. Never thought to look in the car before i left dealer. Wasnt going back cause it takes me an hour to get there. Needless to say i will order these mud flaps, but from a different dealer. There are instructions on that web site for installation. Doesnt look to difficult. I will also do it myself, no need paying 60 bucks an hour to have flaps installed. Thanks again for the reply. Have the Aspin now for over a week, it is a pretty cool truck. Hope it holds up for me.