Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

My Aspen hurts

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Question My Aspen hurts

Greetings Experts,

Strange problem: When I turn the ignition to ON, the lights (sometimes) flicker on and off at random intervals. Sometimes, the lights just stay on.

When I turn the key to START, the lights flicker constantly and there is an audible clicking sound, rapid and continuous, coming from somewhere in the engine compartment.

My friends thinks it's a short in the electrical system. Another thinks it's a short in the fuel pump motor because the solenoid in the fuse box for the fuel pump is clicking rapidly.

We just recently recharged the battery, so the battery is is good shape and can supply a good wattage to run a heavy load.

Any idea what's wrong?

Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 AM

First, if you still are still under warranty, I would let the dealer worry about it.
If you are not, then I would suspect a bad ground. I do not know where the grond straps are on the Aspen (I have not had to look myself) but I would find them and check for any being loose or corroded. I have heard of other Chrysler models having an issue with blinking headlights due to corrosion of cables under neath the battery tray. Again, I have not experienced this with my Aspen, but wouldn't hurt to check

Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the ideas! Yes, it's probably something like that in the electrical system.

Unrelated question: what's a Mopar?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 AM

Mopar is an old acronym for the original Chrysler Corporation Motor Parts division, which was a consolodation of Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, DeSoto and Imperial. MOtor PARts

Attached Thumbnails My Aspen hurts-mlogostm.gif