Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

New to me Aspen and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Default New to me Aspen and a few questions

Hello All,

We are the new owners of a very nice 2008 Aspen. The car drives great and we love all the features. I have a couple of questions I thought you may know the answer to so here goes.

The memory seats have a switch on the drivers door with 1 s 2 as buttons. For whatever reason the 1 button does not work. I can program the seat to work with the 2 button but nothing happens with the 1 and the mygig does not display seat 1 activated. I think the switch may be defective so I plan to remove the door trim tomorrow and take a look. Had anyone had this issue before and is taking the door trim off the only way to get to the switch?

The mygig system seems great but one odd thing we could not find a way of using the navigation without the radio or cd/dvd playing. Can you mute the radio without muting the navigation?

Rust. I am up in Canada so the roads are going to be salty. We already had some minor rust fixed at the bottom of the door where it folds over. Oddly there is a rubber seal that seems to trap water right on the seam so I am thinking of just pulling these off each door. Has anyone else had rust issues are they prone to rust? I could get it oiled at krown or rust check if needed. Are any of the body panels plastic or galvanised?

Thanks in advance

Ian.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:14 PM

Hi Ian,

Good questions.

1. Assuming you're using the correct sequence to program the user setting, then yes -- it sounds like there's a problem.

2. You can turn the radio all the way down, but you can't turn it off if the navigation is on. You could change it to CD with no CD in there (or stop the track from playing) if you don't want to turn the audio down. Note that the volume setting for the nav voice prompts is seperate from the audio.

3. The way the bottom of the doors are shaped really holds water. I had rust on all four in that same location, and the dealer repaired it. I'm hoping it doesn't come back.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I removed the memory seat switch and cleaned the contacts. Put it all back together and it now works. So that was an easy fix.

I am going to pull off the rubber strips at the bottom of the doors and spray some anti rust stuff in there.

Ian.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:11 PM

I have another question for you. Does anyone know how I check if the car has a block heater? I can't see any power cables under the bonnet (hood). Where do I look for it before I go and buy one.

Thanks again.

Ian

Old 12-26-2011, 09:43 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum as well. Just bought a 2007 Aspen and had the same question. I'll attach a link to it's location - drivers side at back of motor.
A question I have is there a temp sensor on the block heater cord that stops it from working until it's -18°C. I'm in Canada so really need it to work.
Cylinder Block Heater 5.7L [EZB]. Fits: 2007 CHRYSLER ASPEN 4x4, 5.7L Hemi Multi Displacement, 5-Spd Automatic 545RFE | FACTORY CHRYSLER PARTS
Hope this helps. I put mine up on ramps and there it was. Cord was too short to reach the fron and was wrapped around some metal near the firewall on drivers side.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:49 PM

I'm also the new to me owner of a 2007 Limited. Spent 2 weeks off and on researching this forum. So much knowledge here, good job. Loving the SUV so far.