Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Overheating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Default Overheating?

I live in the Texas valley and it gets really hot here. I have noticed that when I am stopped in the sun for a while the needle passes the middle on the temp gauge. When it does that, the air is no longer cold and as soon as I start driving the motor sounds very accelerated and very sluggish. As soon as the needle gets back to the middle or lower, it drivesfine. Anyone else? The airis not so good when it is standing still in the sun. What is up with that?I love my Aspen, but I need good air down here in Texas. Someone please HELP!!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Default RE: Overheating?

It gets real hot here in DE.....I've not noticed my temp gauge changing much. Have the dealer check the temperature of your cool air...may need to be serviced and a frion added. Lets us know, sorry this is not much help.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:57 PM

I live in Southern California and I am having the same problems of overheating with my 2007 Chrysler Aspen. On a hot day, while I am idling, the temperature guage will slowly creep up to about 3/4 and the air conditioning air will get warm. As soon as I begin to drive the engine will sound like it is reving very high for about 10 to 15 seconds and then it will sound normal. Also, as soon as I begin to drive the temperature guage will go back to normal. This only happens while I am idling. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the radiator, but that has not solved the problem. They are considering changing the fan clutch, but as of yet we have not found a solution. Does anyone have any answers?

Old 10-06-2007, 12:49 AM

We live in Scottsdale and typically see 100*+ this time of year. The Aspen will get to just above the mid-point on the Temp guage with idling. The fan clutch engages and you get a lot more noise until the fan clutch disengages. I have not had a problem with the A/C blowing warm air, it stays cold. We run ours on the Auto setting with the temp set to 72* front and back, the car always seems cool or cold within 3-4 minutes of start-up. BTW, the temp guage comes right back down to below mid-point when you begin driving again.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:42 PM

try a fan clutch

Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 PM

try a product water wetter it works great need to follow directions on bottle

Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM

I am experiencing the same problem as KAKOEM and RICKSALDANA any input on what the fix is? Thanks

Old 08-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Default Replacing Brake light

How do i get to the brake light I couldn't get the cover off. Help please..

Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 AM

I purchased my 07 new and the dealer had a stainless grill insert already installed . My trucks temp went to the 3/4 mark took it in for cooling system service an was told it functioned fine . The tech suggested it might be after market grill because it was not design to handle this restriction I removed the after market grill and the temp never goes passed the 1/2 mark now . If you have an insert this maybe the problem.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by scooterdad
How do i get to the brake light I couldn't get the cover off. Help please..
Perhaps if you posted in your own thread instead of hijacking a thread you may get a response. This thread pertains to engine temperature and overheating. Look at the thread topic, it's there for a reason.

Quick Reply: Overheating?