Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

P3441 Code 2007 Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Default P3441 Code 2007 Aspen

My check engine light came on a week ago just over 100k miles. Code P3441 came up on code reader at autozone & local mechanics garage. Misfire on cylinder 6. I changed the coil igniter myself and then took the vehicle to the dealer to have them run their code reader. They ran a test and were unable to find anything wrong and cleared the code. They drove the vehicle around and said the everything looked good. As I was driving home, the check engine light came back on and same code has returned. Any thoughts on what to do next? I did read about replacing the MDS solenoid.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 PM

This could be a short, a damaged wire between solenoid number 6 and the PCM, or MDS solenoid number 6 itself. Is your engine able to transition from 8 cyl mode to 4 cyl mode right now? If you go to the MPG display on the EVIC (overhead display), you'll get a "fuel saver" message when you go into 4 cyl mode.

Do you have the lifetime powertrain warranty on your Aspen (are you the original owner)? If so, I bet this would be covered. If not, the solenoid isn't an expensive part.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 AM

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am not the original owner. The vehicle seems to be running fine, no knocking, clunking, or hesitation that I've noticed. I've never seen the "fuel saver" mode on the overhead display. I'm not sure if the '07 Aspen has that function. I'm trying to get my hands on a service manual or diagram to see where the solenoid is located and the wires between #6 and the PCM.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:16 AM

do you have any diagrams or info where i can find solenoid #6 and the pcm?

Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Default P3441

How did you resolve this issue? My CE light came on today and gave me the same code (p3441). Is it something that can be fixed by my hubby (pretty handy)? Or is it something the dealership has to do bc of complexity?? Thanks!

Originally Posted by orthopa33
My check engine light came on a week ago just over 100k miles. Code P3441 came up on code reader at autozone & local mechanics garage. Misfire on cylinder 6. I changed the coil igniter myself and then took the vehicle to the dealer to have them run their code reader. They ran a test and were unable to find anything wrong and cleared the code. They drove the vehicle around and said the everything looked good. As I was driving home, the check engine light came back on and same code has returned. Any thoughts on what to do next? I did read about replacing the MDS solenoid.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:44 PM

I will let you know. I ordered a new MDS solenoid to replace and hopefully when I get some time in the next week will try to install it. Hopefully that will take care of the p3441 code. I also read that I may need to replace the oil temperature sensor, but I imagine if that was the problem, I would be throwing a code for the oil temp sensor and more of the cylinders would be effected.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:35 PM

Did you replace yet? Mine has the same problem.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 PM

Replaced the oil temperature sensor and no changes with the code. Planning on replacing the solenoid tomorrow. Will see how things go.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 AM

Just an update. I replaced the #6 MDS solenoid over the weekend and so far so good. The solenoid itself seemed like it had a lot of corrosion on it once I got down to it after removing the intake manifold. After removing the set screw I lightly started trying to lever the solenoid out and the top part cracked off fairly easily. I'm assuming there was a crack or something in the solenoid itself and that is why the code was registering.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the update! I took my 2007 aspen by the dealership and they said i need 2 mds solenids replaced. $353 dollars(2.5 hr labor and parts) I thought that was fair. So I am getting them replaced tomorrow.

Quick Reply: P3441 Code 2007 Aspen