Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

PIAA fog lights leads to great replacement wiper blades solves problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Default PIAA fog lights leads to great replacement wiper blades solves problem

When I got my 09 Aspen in July the wiper blades smeared and left some places entirely un-wiped. I followed instructions for completely cleaning the glass and the blades, using soap, water, and alcohol, but the problem remained. I got a new pair of the best blades Napa had, they were a little better but the problem remained. Then I was at the PIAA website looking for fog light accessories, and saw that they also made wiper blades made with silicone. They said the silicone in the blades released a thin layer onto the glass, thereby creating a cleaner wipe and beading of water off the glass. I ordered a pair and they arrived 2 days later.

Putting them on was quite easy. And instantly, the problem was gone. Crystal clean glass for the first time. They were a bit expensive, but well worth it. Where I live there's dust and smoke in the summer, and a lot of fog, rain and snow in the winter. A clear windshield is essential.

They make 3 models, I got the ones that are completely enclosed to keep out ice.
PIAA | Si-Tech Flat Blade

They are a tiny bit too long on the passenger side and hit the side of the windshield slightly, but that seems to go away after a few wipes.

I put the 520 series ion yellow driving lights on front to use as fog lights.
PIAA | 520 Chrome Ion Yellow Driving Halogen Lamp Kit #5263
They are awesome! At first I aimed them too high, even with the high beams on the Aspen. The Aspen's lights are very bright, especially the high beams. But the PIAA light is much brighter and goes much further. I could tell easily because I was driving up a section of I-5 that has concrete dividers in the middle, with a reflector on each one. Just to check, I put on the high beams and then turned on the PIAA lights (I wired them separately from the car's lights, otherwise they won't go on with high beams). The PIAA lights illuminated the reflectors at least 50% further up the road than the high beams. Of course you can't really drive with them that way on highways, but when turned down to the right level and used as fog lights, they are terrific. There's an added benefit in that on the narrow winding gravel road I drive on, other cars pull over further in their lane, slow down or even stop to let me by when the fog lights are on. I think they think a big truck is coming down the road. Or maybe a space ship.