Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Power window problems!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Default Power window problems!

I have a 2008 Aspen. The rear driver side window will not go up only down. I pulled it apart and found the motor had power on both wires so i figured it was the motor, installed new motor and still does not go up. So I installed new switch at that door and at the driver door. Window will still not go up. I switched the wires around by the motor and was able to get window up but now not down. When i test my wires i have power coming into the switch where i should, when i push down it goes to the down wire, but when i pull switch to go up i get power on all wires, this should not be. Can anyone help? Maybe a wiring schematic? Thanks Andrew

Old 06-13-2016, 02:46 PM

This is all I can find in the manual on a schematic for the windows. It's more of a block diagram but it does show wire color codes. The thing I would ask is if you got the correct switch for the back door? The switches are slightly different for the front master control and the other "slave" doors. I would recommend a test by removing the passenger rear switch and trying it on the drivers rear door. If that works, that means the switch you got is either bad or incorrect. Might even try this swap with the two switches on the master control. In any case, I hope this diagram helps.

Attached Thumbnails Power window problems!-power-window-diagram.jpg  
Old 06-13-2016, 10:45 PM

Thank you! I did take the passenger rear switch out and tested it on driver rear and it acts the same. Im guessing i have some bad wiring somewhere.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:42 PM

I find it a bit hard to believe that you have a wiring issue between the slave switch and motor when it will go one direction but not the other. In essence, the switch only changes the polarity to control the up or down using the same wires to the motor for both directions. If it is a wiring issues, I would think it is between the master switch and the slave switch. As you can see in the diagram I posted, all three slaves (passenger front, drivers rear and passenger rear) get their power through the master (drivers front door). In fact, if you remove the master switches, none of the other windows will work.

Now that you have the color codes, I'd recommend doing a continuity test on those wires from the master to the slave. Disconnect the switches and use a digital meter to see if each colored wire shows zero resistance from one end (master side)to the other (slave side). If any of them show an open, you have a break in the wire.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:54 AM

Went to go look at it this morning and the color codes are not correct. I find it hard to believe to that there is bad wiring, but ive tried everything else. This thing is starting to make me mad.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Sorry for the colors being incorrect. The manual is for a Durango since they don't exactly have one for the Aspen. For the most part they are the same. Surprised to find the colors are different on something so simple.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:03 AM

I found the problem. In between the door and the body in the rubber boot where the wires run through. Found a split wire inside the boot. I took apart soldered the wire heat shrank it and all is well. Thanks for your help.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Glad you found it. Nice troubleshooting.

Old 02-27-2021, 05:53 AM
Default 2007 Chrysler Aspen Windows won’t go up or down

Originally Posted by guitarfule
I found the problem. In between the door and the body in the rubber boot where the wires run through. Found a split wire inside the boot. I took apart soldered the wire heat shrank it and all is well. Thanks for your help.
Just wanted to say thanks that’s where I thought the problem was at.

Old 01-26-2024, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by guitarfule
howd yu get that boot off? i think i have the same problem you have but i cant get the boot off